Complaint Review: Tribute Gold Master Card

• Submitted: Thu, October 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Piqua Ohio
Tribute Gold Master Card
PO Box 105341 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Tribute Gold Master Card Don't care, refuse to work with you, Non- existant customer service Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: If Credit Cards Were A Contest

*Consumer Suggestion: It is fraud

I signed up for a Tribute Gold Master Card in response to an ad that came in the mail claiming that it would fix my credit score, and I was virtually pre-approved.

I was approved, and my Tribute Card came in the mail shortly thereafter. I've used it for the past few months with no problems, until a couple of weeks ago I recieved a call from a salesman telling me about a new product that Tribute was offering called Privacy Matters.

This new product, like many others that are offered by credit card companies, will monitor your account for fraud and give you a free credit report every month.

I decided to sign up for the service, but was told that the service wouldn't become active until I recieved the welcome kit and activated it by phone. I figured this would be no problem.

Well a few weeks went by, and the welcome kit came in the mail the same day as a phone call from Tribute saying that my account was past due and that if I didn't set up a payment before hanging up, I would go to collections. My statement says I am not due until the 30th, and the call came on the 21st. I was somewhat angry, but I set up the payment

Today, I recieved something in the mail that says that my account is overdrawn, and that they have revoked my credit card privileges with them. I looked at my account on line and found out why. They have charged me an overlimit fee for the supposed "late" payment, as well as billed me for this "privacy matters" thing that I haven't activated yet.

Not only am I angry that I have been billed for a service I am not using, I also don't feel its right to charge a late payment fee and threaten to send someone to collections for not being more than 9 days early, and I also am very dissatisfied that I am down one less credit card.

If any big whig lawyer from Tribute is reading this, I hope you are prepared to deal with a lawsuit and I'm not afraid to do it either. See you in court.

I don't see this as anything but fraud. Just add Tribute to the long list of other dishonest and fraudulent companies out there.

Patrick
Piqua, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2008 10:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tribute-Gold-Master-Card/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Tribute-Gold-Master-Card-Dont-care-refuse-to-work-with-you-Non-existant-customer-servi-386550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tribute Gold Master Card

If Credit Cards Were A Contest

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

Some people were never meant to have a credit card, you won this contest...

#2 Consumer Suggestion

It is fraud

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Privacy Matters is a worthless membership program that no one wants so they work with Banks, Credit Card companies and internet retailers to get people to sign up not knowing.

Unfortunately you did not know about this when you decided to accept the offer by the telemarketer.

I suggest in the future you not agree to anything a telemarketer is selling.

You need to file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision. Cite both the program and the bank for this. Also tell them about the collection call before the due date of your next payment. The fact that they charged you for the service before it was activated and it those charges are what put you overlimit.

Also make sure your last payment was posted correctly, some credit companies will cash your check, or accept the electronic funds transfer before the due date - but not post it to your account until after the due date.

One company Trilegiant sells only worthless membership programs has already been fined over $14 million for this activity and made $25 million in restitution to customers they have ripped off - and it has not stopped them.