Complaint Review: Tribute MasterCard

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:Ridgeville South Carolina
Tribute MasterCard
P.O. Box 105341 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Tribute MasterCard Was notified of billing adjustments to a card that does not exist Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: It could be that someone has an account using your info

I was recently sent a letter from Tribute MasterCard that stated that in "one or more billing cycles, we may have waived the monthly Account Maintenance Fee ... Begginning November 1, 2007, we will no longer waive the Account Maintenance Fee and will impose the fee each month." That in itself is not a big problem except I do not have not ever have had this card; have never, to my Knowledge, been sent an application for a card; have never been sent a billing invoice; and have never been sent any other notification of any sort that this card/account exist until now. In trying to verify this, I called the 1-800 number given in the letter and after talking with the barely understandable Indonesion woman, was given another number( 1-888-618-9920) and the automated voice asks for my 10 digit account #. when no number was given, the voice asks for my Social Security #(I don't think so!!). I was finally able to skirt the automated system and again I got a barely understandable Indonesian person who kept informing me that he could not do anyhting for me without my 10 digit account # or my social security #. This kind of sounds like a ripoff or scam to me. I did find a site on the internet where I was able to contact Tribute Mastercard through E-mail and I received a confirmation that the E-mail was received, but have not yet received an actual reply. I read on this site a couple of other complaints and have read some other sites that refered to Tribute MasterCard having multiple complaints. Beware!!

Stephen
Ridgeville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2007 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tribute-MasterCard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5341/Tribute-MasterCard-Was-notified-of-billing-adjustments-to-a-card-that-does-not-exist-Atlan-279506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tribute MasterCard

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It could be that someone has an account using your info

AUTHOR: Liz - (U.S.A.)

Stephen,

Like you I had never heard of this company until my husband pulled his credit report when we were turned down as a co-signer for my sons student loan. We have always had excellent credit! Someone used my husbands social to open an account with this company and it was in collections. The man lives in California, we live in Va. He has a different name than my husband and a different birth date, yet he was given a credit card.

If you have never had a card from this company you need to pull your credit report (ours came up under Trans Union) and make sure that someone didn't do this to you. It has been a nightmare trying to get this cleared up. Tons of paper work etc. To top it all off, Verizon of California gave him a land line and he wracked up over $500.00 on that!

We have no idea how he got hold of the SS # but after doing a lot of research I believe he is an illegal and was sold or given my husbands SS#. My husband was born in CA and has a California SS #.

We are lucky, it is fairly easy to prove that my husband is not this person based on where he lives and the fact that he is using no other identifying information that is connected to my husband.

Don't wait to do this, do it immediately.