Complaint Review: Tribute Mastercard

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:Moline Illinois
Tribute Mastercard
http://mytributecard.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Tribute Mastercard Unethical Credit Card Practices Atlanta Georgia

Initially I did not like the $150.00 Annual fee for having the Tribute Mastercard but under the circumstances I saw no other way to improve my credit after bankruptcy. The fee was taken off the top of the $300.00 credit limit they awarded me. I was taken aback when the new year came around and they charged the full amount rather than spreading the yearly fee out for 12 months.
In addition to the outlandish yearly fee, I've been being charged $10.00 per month maintenance fee.

My Complaint however is not the fees. I had a record of paying more than my minimum balance and on time. At one point, I paid too early and it didn't count as a payment and because I thought I had paid it, I received a late fee. I forgot one payment and because I forgot the one payment, they took away my grace period and didn't inform me of this. I paid them three days after the due date, online (charged $4.95 to pay online, suddenly appeared and they charge to pay by phone as well) They suspended the use of my card.

Now they have transferred my balance to another card and charged me for that as well.

I have been looking forward to the "Credit Card Bill of Rights Act" to be passed but am not sure how it can help me now. A credit card that was supposed to help me regain my good credit standings has now become a nightmare and is making it worse.

Moline, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tribute-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5096/Tribute-Mastercard-Unethical-Credit-Card-Practices-Atlanta-Georgia-455694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tribute Mastercard