Complaint Review: Tribute Mastercard

• Submitted: Fri, July 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:Richardson Texas
Tribute Mastercard
P.O. Box 10555 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Tribute Mastercard Cancellation over one late payment Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Reason

I have been a customer of Tribute Mastercard for about ywo years. With the exception of one overlooked payment over a year ago, I have made timely payments every month without fail.

Due to a short untimely reduction in income my July 2009 payment would be late,but would be paid before the Aug 09 was due. This was made over the internet website which I use exclusively with Tribute.

I went online today to make inquiries to my account and discovered that it appeared to be a now closed account. When I called Customer Service, all that was said was the account has been permently suspended. This was the answer to all my inquiries, no reason(s) were given.

I must add that I have difficulties talking to Tribute Customer Service because all reps are located overseas. I am very uncomfortable giving my private information over the phone. All availble number associated with Tribute and the Bank are redirected overseas.

Lk k
Richardson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2009 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tribute-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Tribute-Mastercard-Cancellation-over-one-late-payment-Atlanta-Georgia-470684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tribute Mastercard

Reason

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

"When I called Customer Service, all that was said was the account has been permently suspended. This was the answer to all my inquiries, no reason(s) were given."

You already listed your reason. You were late on your payment. Many credit card companies are adopting zero tolerance due to new government regulations going in to effect.

As for feeling uncomfortable, They already HAVE all your information in their computer. They just want to verify you are you. They dont need you to tell them the info, they already have it if they wanted to do something nefarious.