Complaint Review: Trident Asset Management

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Cowan Protective Services (((link redacted))) — Batesville Arkansas USA
Trident Asset Management
PO BOX 888424 Internet United States of America

Trident Asset Management OPS 9, LLC allegedly violated U.S. Organized Crime Control Act of 1970, committed one count of mail fraud, intentional violated U.S. Fair Debt Collections Act and U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act. Internet

*Author of original report: Status Update

Trident Asset management has changed their routine and has now started using the alias of OPS 9, LLC. I pulled my credit report and found an entry from them  that was unlawful. On November 5, 2012 I sent a certified letter demanding a " written verification , judgment, or other proof of legal obligation of the debt by U.S. Mail within 30 days of receipt of this letter and to cease further verbal communications" (citation Omitted).

This company sent me a letter  signed by a "Ryan Diaz"  dated November 8, 2012 with a legal copy of the "check" in question that was deceptive and clearly was an attempt to cover up their willful violations of the law. I have a legal background and law enforcement experience and responded with a "harsh" demand letter demanding that they come into compliance with the law, while detailing their criminal and civil legal violation, or face legal action. [continued below]....
.....

"Corporate America" gets away with this type of behavior because they know that most citizens lake the legal expertise or resources to effectively defend themselves against this type of organized criminal behavior. This company has targeted the wrong U.S. citizen with their organized criminal behavior and I have chosen to fight back.  I  am awaiting their response.  You can view my response letter ( PDF ) on my blog at this link  Scam Alert-Trident Asset Management (a.k.a.OPS 9, LLC)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trident-Asset-Management/internet/Trident-Asset-Management-OPS-9-LLC-allegedly-violated-US-Organized-Crime-Control-Act-o-971132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trident Asset Management

Status Update

AUTHOR: Cowan Protective Services - (USA)

According to their customer service representative via a telephone conversation they closed the collection account on November 21 and sent an update to have this entry deleted from my credit file. I inquired as to when a letter attesting to that fact would be mailed to me.

I was informed that if I would send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with a request for a verification letter they would write a letter then send it to me for my records. This is not a problem as I would rather pay for the postage myself and receive the letter than not have the letter in the event this debt gets sold to another collections agency.

I will post the final resolution when I receive the letter and verification that it has been deleted from my credit report. To every consumer that has had problems with collection agencies it is imperative that you document everything and send all correspondence by certified U.S. mail with a return receipt requested (green card), by doing so you can legally establish your claim and  by using the green card you can prove by their own "legal signature" that they received your complaint; trying to save a few dollars in postage will kick you in the "butt" later, let the system work for you and make them do all the work.