Complaint Review: Trilegiant Corporation And Chase Bank USA

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 28, 2008

• Reported By:Ithaca New York
Trilegiant Corporation And Chase Bank USA
chase.com, trilegiant.com Internet U.S.A.

Trilegiant Corporation And Chase Bank USA Fake TLG*AUTOVNTGE transaction on my Chase VISA card for $149.99 Bostonnationwide Internet

*UPDATE Employee: about Trillegent

I was about to pay my Chase VISA credit card, when I saw a transaction with a mysterious
TLG*AUTOVNTGE company for $149.99, from 07/11/2008. No idea what this whole thing was!

Called Chase and it turns out they have this cozy relationship with this Trilegiant business, whereby they apparently provide customers to them. So I somehow got "enrolled" into some AutoVantage road assistance program, w/o my knowledge! I am quite certain that I never gave any credit card number to any company of that sort - I am just not interested in that sort of service, and much more importantly I only use this card a couple of times a year for bigger purchases. I very, very strongly suspect that Chase has revealed my credit card number to them.

Interestingly, the Chase representative had no problem switching my phone call to Trilegiant - as if it were just another department of the same company! The good news is that they canceled my "membership" w/o much fussing.

I also found this link to "Chase Bank, Triligent, Settle Negative Option Fraud Charges": http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/12/trilegiant_chase.html - apparently not the first time!

I am lucky that I use this card infrequently, so this charge stood out! Had I used this card for everyday groceries etc, I am 90% sure I would have missed this scam! I think I'll just cancel the card in the end!

John
Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trilegiant-Corporation-And-Chase-Bank-USA/internet/Trilegiant-Corporation-And-Chase-Bank-USA-Fake-TLGAUTOVNTGE-transaction-on-my-Chase-VISA-354420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trilegiant Corporation And Chase Bank USA

about Trillegent

AUTHOR: Chase Employee - (U.S.A.)

That is a company that works "WITH" chase not for them, they offer diffrent programs etc... They only way to get signed up is two ways. Sign something in the mail like an offer or auth them per a phone call. Trilegent has allways canceled memberships, provided proof of enrollment, and has refunded clients back if they could not provide this to them. (Not talking about your situation at all) but there are people out there that see "Free" in the mail and get greedy. sign up for a free gift card or cash a check that comes in the mail which then sign's them up for this kind of service. Thats why you see a lot of people complaining about them. Audits are done with this company to ensure that they are not adding accounts with out a signature of recored voice conversation. There is no need to cancel your card with good benefits because of a company that fixed your issues.