• Report: #820327

• Updated: Sat, January 14, 2012

• Reported By: Patricia — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
Trilegiant Corporation
NashvilIe, Tennessee United States of America

Trilegiant Corporation This corporation sent me a notice on how they share personal information. NashvilIe, Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: here to help

I received a notice advising me of how Trilegiant collects and shares personal information depending on the products and services I have with them.  Since I had never heard of this corporation, I researced and was shocked at the number of complaints reported.

I sent them an email stating that I am not a member, nor did I request membership with them.  I requested that the account be closed as there appeared to be some fraudulent activity involved with this membership.

I dont know how they got my information, and have not been charged any fees yet.  Trying to resolve this before it becomes a problem.  Will report back when/if I get a response to my email or if they start assessing fees.

Thanks for posting this great information, I might have ignored this notice had I not read all the ripoff reports on your site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trilegiant-Corporation/NashvilIe-Tennessee-37204/Trilegiant-Corporation-This-corporation-sent-me-a-notice-on-how-they-share-personal-infor-820327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trilegiant Corporation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

here to help

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

As a former employee of Affinion Group, I can tell you that somewhere in our system you do have a membership, whether you enrolled in it or not.  The problem is that Trilegiant services over 40 products, so it's hard to figure out which you're enrolled in until you get charged.  What I would do, if I were you, is to call into the call center (866-639-1927) and ask to speak with a supervisor in support.  They have the ability to search through the entire database to tell you what you're enrolled in.

Warning, they will try to get you to stay, and they will try to feed you some BS about how you signed something or agreed to something that got you enrolled.

If you see an unauthorized charge on your statements, check the description for the letters TLG (trilegiant) and the phone number to the product will also be included.

Good luck to you.