Complaint Review: Trilegiant - PrivacyGuard

• Submitted: Mon, January 03, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By:South Milwaukee Wisconsin
Trilegiant - PrivacyGuard
100 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Trilegiant - PrivacyGuard Note to CitiCard credit card holders, these two companies are part of the same outfit RIPOFF Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: First Responder....

*UPDATE Employee: To: Thomas in general

I must start out by saying that technically, PrivacyGuard itself has done nothing illegal of which I know. It's just that Citibank has been pushing PG's credit report viewing/ bankruptcy insurance service with the usual hard-sell, talk-talk-talk-talk-your-ear-off tactics that now regretably typify Citibank's customer service representative behavior.

They got me to give in under the reasoning that with a two months free trial, I can at least view my credit reports online and see if anything requires my attention. I couldn't do that at the time, though, as PG's server was choking badly at the time, and I promptly forgot about it.

An attorney to whom I spoke off the record was of the opinion that while PrivacyGuard is doing nothing legally wrong, charging ten dollars a month to your credit card for what they offer is morally disreputable. While that is just a personal opinion on the part of this attorney, it is also one with which I happen to agree.

What swung my decision to cancel (which, in all fairness, I was able to do without too much trouble) was the complaints about the parent company, Trilegiant, on this website. Perhaps I'm being unfairly hard-nosed, but it is my opinion that if you are going to be charging an individual consumer ten dollars a month for anything, your reputation must be sterling and then some. Tomika's defenses while sufficiently eloquent in form do precious little in their content to reassure me about Trilegiant's reputation.

Once again, while I was not technically "ripped off" by PrivacyGuard in the legal sense, I hope those who maintain this website will post this report for CitiCard credit card holders to consider should they feel inclined to do an online search on PrivacyGuard. I didn't find out that Trilegiant was PG's parent company until a Google search led me to a lawyer's website that mentioned a class-action suit for fraudulent billing against Trilegiant. Contact me by using the rebuttal box below if interested.

Thomas
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2005 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trilegiant-PrivacyGuard/Norwalk-Connecticut/Trilegiant-PrivacyGuard-Note-to-CitiCard-credit-card-holders-these-two-companies-are-pa-125490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trilegiant - PrivacyGuard

First Responder....

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

To the first responder - HUH? What are you saying here? Can you even form a coherent sentence without quoting the company (I guess) you work for? To the reporter - we are reading comments like yours. As you know the banks are occupying our lives so why not occupy them? They definitely do not like it when we send in a report. Banks and credit related businesses must STOP only having a monologue and deal with real customer service and become dialogic - what a thought! To provide a service and not just automate your money out of your account needlessly.

To: Thomas in general

AUTHOR: Tomika - (U.S.A.)

We regret your decision supposedly to cancel your membership because of a response, however...and you can quote me on this one..."With nationwide loyal and dedicated members whom know and realize a great service when they have one, your departure from our company will be missed, however...We will still continue to bring the wonderful public that support our services, the absolute best quality low priced service around". And tell your wonderful attorney that we have wonderful deals on leather briefcases. Thanks too you and too ROR, please keep it coming. Oh and I went against my promise to never reply to anymore negativity, but let me say this, "If I find something worthwhile me responding too, I will, and if it means losing a few members behind me standing up for my company, then guess what Thomas...Life goes on! Our comapany is backed by true dedicated members, not a few that run because of replies to BS.