• Report: #691960

Complaint Review: Trilegiant

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 07, 2011

• Reported By: MonicaM — North Grosvenordale Connecticut United States of America
Trilegiant
PO Box 41248, Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Trilegiant Greatfun Calculated Scam Nashville, Tennessee

When I phoned in to order a totally unrelated item recently after an informercial, I was asked to join GreatFun, a discount entertainment and travel scam put out by Trilegiant. I specifically said NO, but I received a membership kit this week anyway.

I have 30 days to cancel, but I don't know when that dates back to, since I never authorized anything.

To cancel the membership, I called twice at 877-488-9480. After punching in my "membership" number, I was told that Greatfun couldn't talk because "all our customer representatives are taking care of other customers. Please call back later."

I do believe I was given a number that alerts the system and, so, I get nowhere when I call in.
Instead, I wrote to the address in Nashville, Tenn., and noted in cancelling the membership scam that I was aware of Trilegiant's horrible reputation with consumers. I demanded the $1  deducted for my first month's membership from my debit account and stated I did not want to be double-billed or further billed for the $19.99 monthly fees.

And now I am waiting for the cancellation confirmation to be emailed to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trilegiant/Nashville-Tennessee-37204/Trilegiant-Greatfun-Calculated-Scam-Nashville-Tennessee-691960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trilegiant