Complaint Review: Trillium College

Trillium College
Carling Avenue Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Trillium College Only a work in progress - Ottawa, Ontario

*General Comment: You have described to a "T" the Trillium experience

I felt confident when I registered.  I could hardly wait to get started.  I discovered a lot of the software we were using (for which I had been certified in, in previous years) had changed.  For some reason, within the span of a couple of months, we had gone through several instructors (one even e-mailed all of us to say she was fired without reason).  A few months ago, one of the managers told me that I would also notice an instructor of another program would not be there any longer.  Indeed, I noticed she was gone.  For some reason, however, she did re-appear, and the complaints that had circulated about her in the past, began recirculating among the students again.  She recently took over our class and I was so frustrated with her (because she really isn't an instructor and I would be surprised to find out she had any training) to the point where I realized how the college was misusing funding it received from the provincial government, to educate adults who had gone to them for help.  For one of our previous programs (which was a part of our course/diploma) we were expected to learn the software (PowerPoint) and write the exam in four days.  Originally, that program was supposed to last two weeks, but for some reason, Trillium decided to reduce it to four days so that we could spend more time on another aspect of the course.  Go figure!  Now, they are telling me that I have to pay them 100% of the cost of the course (even though Second Career, the Ministry, and other colleges didn't support this).  The manager sat in his office as I complained and opened a notebook and began recording things when I spoke (including that I was violent when I taped my hand on his desk) and was going to submit this report to the Ministry.  I give up!  This place should be closed down or at least should not be receiving Government funding!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trillium-College/Ottawa-Ontario-/Trillium-College-Only-a-work-in-progress-Ottawa-Ontario-584402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trillium College

#1 General Comment

You have described to a "T" the Trillium experience

AUTHOR: Protect_the_misinformed - (Canada)

You have described to a "T" the Trillium experience !  I feel bad for you and all students who were subjected to this kind of  education. I am amazed at how the owners and executives of this so called "college" aren't embarassed at being involved with a less than professional and certainly, legally questionable (given their penchant for blantant copyright infringement ) conglomeration of misfits masquerading as a legitimate business.

It is very well known amongst  government agencies and organizations as being less than acceptable and whose practices are suspect.

One of the reasons for it's incompetence is  they hire people who are inpexperienced in this type of setting. The owners believe you can run a school if you have experience as a cashier in a retail store. Many of their employees are devoid of the ability to experience empathy. Most are ego centric and self- centered , or subservient and compliant ; types Trillium prefers .

As for the naive folks who wrote to give them a chance or "sour grapes". You obviously have never experienced this school. The school isn't being attacked-they are the aggressor-we try in Canada not to re-victimize the victim. That is the kinder way to go. Trillium are big boys with big money, they know exactly what they are doing when it comes to making money- and they like to make it giving very, very little in return.

They just shouldn't be allowed to do it the way they do. Lots of people get genuinely hurt in many ways from their lack of concern.