Complaint Review: Trillium College

• Updated: Sun, July 18, 2010

• Reported By: RippedOff — Ottawa Ontario Canada
Trillium College
2525 Carling Ave Ottawa, Ontario United States of America

Trillium College You have described to a "T" the Trillium experience Ottawa, Ontario

I really appreciate the fact that someone has read my report, and took the time to write a supportive comment.

A couple of months ago, I was in the Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre, and ran into "Scott", who is also employed by Trillium College.  I said I was looking forward to returning and completing my diploma (something that was decided by myself, the Ministry, and Robin Graham, who is in charge of Mark Luckett, Trillium College's administrator at this location).  He looked surprised and warned me to speak to Mark first.  I later approached Mark at Trillium (he was conversing with the front desk person, whose name I am not familiar with) and he sounded confused when I said I was coming back.  He said he thought I was going to other adult educational institutions to try to enroll with them instead.  I reminded him of our above mentioned meeting.  He gave me a clear impression - that he did not want me to return.  I was later advised by a student that he told everyone that he had expelled me from the school.  (not the way it happened at all).

I contacted Robin Graham, and explained what had happened to her.  She advised me that she would be in Ottawa and we set up a meeting time for the three of us to get together.  She presented me with a letter (I didn't read it carefully) for my signature.  I signed it, but after reading it at home, it sounds like they are putting me on "Academic Probation".  I don't understand why this should apply to me since I left on my own accord, and am returning on my own accord as well.  Furthermore, they have taken all the funding allotted to them by the Ontario Government on my behalf.  I am submitting this document Northern Lights for their review.

I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.  The only solution I can think of that would solve the problems for Trillium College would be to dismiss the staff they have now (including the administrator) and hire individuals who are willing to comply with the Ministry's standards, since they are continuing to be funded by the Ontario Association of Career Colleges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trillium-College/Ottawa-Ontario-K2B-7Z2/Trillium-College-You-have-described-to-a-T-the-Trillium-experience-Ottawa-Ontario-624488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trillium College