Complaint Review: Trinity Financial Associates

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Pensacola Florida United States of America
Trinity Financial Associates
3422 Old Capital Trail Suite 700 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Trinity Financial Associates This Company uses pressure tactics and wanted me to pay an unGodly State Document Stamp Tax of $2,436.17 Wilmington, Delaware

On the 6th of Dec 2011 I received a call from Mathew Holden of Trinity Financial Associates in Wilmington, DE, offering to broker a sale of my timeshare membership. Negotiations between Mathew and his clients, Debra K and James H. Smith in Fayetteville, NC, led to an official-looking contract sent to me as an email, which I was instructed to sign and return within 24 hours. The Smiths supposedly accepted a suspiciously-high asking price, and Mathew told me that I was guaranteed to receive money even if they backed out.  I told to pay $2436.17 for a required State Document Stamp Tax paid to TFA Services, this is the name of the company in charge of all final documents required to suposedly transfer the title.

The Document Stamp Tax in Florida, where this transfer of title was to be accomplished was no where near the $2436.17 that Trinity Financial services was trying to charge me and that this fee may be paid by either the buyer or the seller. I had been trying to call this company to no avail.

What disturbed me was another complaint on this website that described the Smiths as the buyer. Guess what? my buyer was also named as being Debra K and James H. Smith of Fayetteville, NC. Mathew has never gotten back to me, and now he does not answer his phone. Luckily I did not send money. I am left with 4 pieces of wasted paper and anxiety attacks, thinking of these crooked timeshare offers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trinity-Financial-Associates/Wilmington-Delaware-19808/Trinity-Financial-Associates-This-Company-uses-pressure-tactics-and-wanted-me-to-pay-an-u-834866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trinity Financial Associates