Complaint Review: TripMate

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: YeYeYe2012 — Upper Arlington United States of America
9225 Ward Parkway Internet United States of America

TripMate Trip Mate, Inc. Trip insurance will not pay despite getting hit by hurricane Sandy on my honeymoon Kansas, Internet

I went on my honeymoon to Sandals Jamaica. I paid $598 for trip insurance from Trip Mate, Inc. Hurricane Sandy hit. It is an 'Act of God'. Three of the restaurants were destroyed. I was advised not to leave my room. My wife and I were locked up there for about 2 days with no food. Our private pool was filled with branches and leaves, and was never cleaned up. The international airports were shut down for two days. The beach was destroyed, because rusted nails and broken boards were floating around. This was not the trip I paid for. I expected to get a partial refund as I think a hurricane falls under "Inclemental Weather" or an "Act of God". However, the claims personnel at Trip Mate, Inc say I consumed the service and therefore get no refund. This does not make any sense to me (Especially, since I did not have the option to leave and Sandals called this an "Act of God"). I will never use Trip Mate, Inc. again and I will make sure to let others know about my horrible experience dealing with their claims department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TripMate/internet/TripMate-Trip-Mate-Inc-Trip-insurance-will-not-pay-despite-getting-hit-by-hurricane-Sand-961436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TripMate