• Report: #196304

• Submitted: Tue, June 13, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 19, 2009

• Reported By:glendale California
Triple Advantage/ Freecreditreport.com
Freecreditreport.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

Freecreditreport.com Triple Advantage freecreditreport.com Ripoff, scam, fraud, blatant stealing, theivery, lies, not free Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: dispute the charges with your credit card company

*Consumer Comment: Indeed

*Consumer Suggestion: Read the Important Information, i.e., Terms & Conditions BEFORE signing up for services.

*Consumer Suggestion: Only fools fall for those silly commercials being forced down our throats

I am just one of millions who have been victimized by Freecreditreport.com Triple Advantage - I have read on this website that I will eventually see other fraudulent charges to my bank account from other companies.

Well I had heard about freecreditreport.com from an ad online and decided I wanted to check it out. When I registered, I made sure everything I was getting was FREE, because I didn't want my debit card charged for overdraft purposes. I had exactly $1.48 in my Wells Fargo account (the account I DON'T USE) and figured it wouldn't make a difference because I was not getting charged.

Come to find out, I got charged. I was checking my account two days ago and figured it was free, I never clicked on upgrade, I never clicked on anything that would charge me a penny, yet I found a $12 charge on my account and a $33 overdraft fee because of it. Now I have to go through the troubles of contacting the bank to clear this up.

I am sick of tired of companies on the internet who think they could easily take advantage of people like this. Some of us may not have money in our accounts, thus leading to these ridiculous overdrawn fee's. I don't appreciate that Triple Advantage would take the initiative to charge me when freecreditreport.com claims that their services are free until you voluntarily upgrade.

I am angry and disgusted at such horrible service and this turns me off to the idea of having to use any form of credit or debit online again. Something needs to be done to fix this.

Thank you.

Glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2006 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triple-Advantage-Freecreditreportcom/Irvine-California-92623/Freecreditreportcom-Triple-Advantage-freecreditreportcom-Ripoff-scam-fraud-blatant-st-196304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Triple Advantage/ Freecreditreport.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

dispute the charges with your credit card company

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I was ripped off by freecreditreport.com in the same way. They charged my Master Card 14.95 for five months before I caught it.
I happen to work for a large National Visa Company, so I knew exactly what to do to make short work of the charges.
I will share my expertise with you people, so you can recover what you can. The first thing I did was call freecreditreport.com & I remained on the line for as long as it took-seemed like forever- but you must not quit. Then I told them in no uncertain terms that I did not accept their reasoning as legally binding & they could say or do whatever they want, but I don't play that. Next I went to the website of the credit card & clicked separately on each one of the separate five charges to my acct & further clicked, in turn, on DISPUTE TRANSACTION for each separate charge.
My Master Card removed the charges in about 48 hours. The charges are in review right now & Freecreditreport.com must fight the dispute & produce legal proof that I agreed to consent to these charges. Their unilateral action of sending a message with the statement contained in the message requiring response is not legal consideration that facilitates a binding contract. If you actually ever took advantage of the service during the time period, that may constitute consent on your part. If you however agreed to their free offer & NEVER responded to them in any way, shape, manner, or form, you have never entered into a binding relationship with them. Of course, I am NOT an attorney, but I know enough about contractual law through knowledge of being a Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker, that I am confident in what I write.

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

Most people only see and hear what they WANT to. The tv ads and online both PLAINLY state that in order to receive your credit report, you MUST enroll in Triple Advantage. It could not be any more plainly stated than that. But, as Forrest Gump so wittily surmised " Stupid is, as stupid does ".

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

There is no ripoff with freecreditreport.com.
The company warns you that you will be charged $14.95 per month if you do not cancel within the 7-day trial period.

Amazing how many thousands of people do not read the websites or paper contracts before signing up for services and then they they claim they were ripped off.

When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period**, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership.
ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. and Freecreditreport.com are not affiliated with the annual free credit report program. Under a new Federal law, you have the right to receive a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer reporting companies. To request your free annual report under that law, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Only fools fall for those silly commercials being forced down our throats

AUTHOR: Bobsmith1948 - (U.S.A.)

The world is full of suckers and always will be. I even know people who say they JUST LOVE those TV commercials and they are "so cute". Idiots! Easily amused ones. They play these commercials around the clock and psych you into a frenzy. Keep in mind that companies like this (Video Professor is also a great example) have one goal in mind. To get your credit card information and put you on recurring payments, which in layman's terms, means they will charge your card every month forever. They have tons of fine print, but no one reads it. By the time you figure out you have been charged for your "free" reports, they know that a certain percentage of suckers won't bother to challenge it and a certain number of charges will go through. Multiply this by several million people a month and you see the profit potential. People who fall for these scams are total fools. If the fools had ANY sense at all, they would use the computer that sits in front of their face and simply google search how to get your credit report for free through legitimate means. It's easy to do and should never cost you a penny. But then, it doesn't involve all those cute little French-Canadian boys faking playing music, wearing tights. You like celebrity worship and are making celebs out of these people and making a sucker out of yourself. Wake up and use some common sense for once!