Complaint Review: Triple Play Labs

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: Lydia — Orange Texas United States of America
Triple Play Labs
307 COUNTY ROAD 841 BUNA, Texas United States of America

Triple Play Labs Tony Bass Triple Play Labs has displayed poor customer service and no business ethic in handling the sale of a lab puppy. They now have both our puppy and our money!! BUNA, Texas

*Author of original report: Small Claims Court Ruling

*Consumer Suggestion: Triple Play PUPPY MILL?

*Author of original report: Dishonest and Unethical Business

On October 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM CST, my husband  called Triple Play Labs in regards to purchasing a yellow female lab puppy. A male explained the puppies would be born any day and assured us the "pick of the litter" if we secured the number one spot with a down payment of $300. We agreed and gave our credit card number to. On October 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM CST a charge was applied the down payment of $300 to our account, receipt # 96cr. This receipt did not have any additional information, just the amount paid.

On November 2, 2012 we arrived at this home/company at 5:00 PM to pick the female yellow lab puppy. A male informed us that they would bring out a "few puppies at a time as to not upset the mother lab". Three black lab puppies were brought into the room and we looked at them a few minutes. We then asked to see the yellow labs. The male informed us that all of the yellow labs had been sold. [continued below]....
..... We were taken aback and questioned our understanding of having "the pick of the litter". The breeders both went into the back room and returned with a handwritten piece of paper that had all of our information such as name, credit card number, and so on. Written on the card was the word "black". We explained that we were only interested in the yellow pups. I assured the male that he had misunderstood and told him we would just take a refund of our monies. He said a refund was not an option as stated on their website but that our money would roll over to the next litter, possibly 8 to 10 months. The couple began to argue and handled themselves in an unprofessional and defensive manner. I told my husband that we would handle the situation with our credit card company and suggested we leave. The male said not to waste our time since his wife worked for a lawyer and they would make sure our money was not returned. My 10 year old son was in the room witnessing this unprofessional and rude behavior and got upset and began to cry. I told my son to come with me to the truck and we exited the home.

A few moments later my husband came out, as we prepared to leave. The male said that a phone call had been made and the other customer that had picked out one of the yellow lab puppies had agreed to waive their puppy so that our child could have a yellow lab. My husband and our son went back into the home where 8 female yellow puppies were brought out. The male said that they were going to "donate" a yellow puppy to a local business but the business had chosen to give up their puppy. Our puppy was chosen, named, a black collar placed on her neck, and an additional $100 cash was given to Triple Play Labs.

We were informed that our puppy would be ready to go home with us on November 16. On November 14, I emailed Triple Play Labs to confirm our puppy would be ready to go November 16. I never received a response so I again emailed this company November 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM to confirm a convenient pick up time for us. I still received no response so on November 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM I called the company and spoke to the male. Our call lasted exactly 1 minute 8 seconds, and he assured me our puppy would be ready to go on November 16, 2012 between the hours of 12:00 noon and 3:00 PM. Our call ended. A few minutes later I received a call from his wife. She said that she did not like my attitude and was not sure if she wanted one of her dogs living with us. I told her that it made no difference to me, that she could just refund our money. She chose to return our money but stated she would return it "when she was ready". I told her we needed either a puppy or our money by the day we had agreed to. In a text message she threatened me by stating they would call the law if we came onto their property. My husband left several voice mails trying to confirm a pick up day. His calls were all ignored.

My husband and I emailed this company on Nov. 27, to inform them that we had mailed a certified letter of demand to them and this was her response:

First, I have not received any letter from you and your husband as I have not been home to receive anything. Secondly, I am not sure what your credit card company told you but you were issued a "Provisional" credit until the entire matter has been investigated.  I have given my company all of the documentation needed to show that you and your husband were aware that the deposit was NON REFUNDABLE and that you were reminded multiple times of this information as well!
 At this time my attorney has advised me to not do anything until the credit card companies have made a decision. Also, we are going to be filing a defemation of character lawuit against you and your husband.
Triple Play Labs

She has only communicated with us to threaten and bully us since then and refuses to tell us if they still have our puppy.  We have sent numerous emails asking for either our puppy or our money back and again they have not responded.  I have stated in both my emails and certified letter that having both our money and our puppy is unacceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triple-Play-Labs/BUNA-Texas-77612/Triple-Play-Labs-Tony-Bass-Triple-Play-Labs-has-displayed-poor-customer-service-and-no-bu-979133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Triple Play Labs

Small Claims Court Ruling

AUTHOR: Lydia - ()

A court ordered mediator tried many times to schedule a mediation date with Triple Play Labs.  All attempts failed.  The mediator was forced to return our case back to court on April 8, 2013.

Finally, our case was set for hearing by Judge, on June 11, 2013.  On June 3, 2013 Triple Play Labs requested a continuance, which was granted.

Meanwhile, our credit card company resolved our $300 deposit dispute in our favor.

We now have another court date set for August 27,2013.  On August 21, 2013 Triple Play Labs had an attorney contact me to see what needed to be done to make this go away.  I told him that I needed the rest of my money.  Triple Play Labs would not agree to the full amount and also requested that I write on this site that our dispute had been resolved without Small Claims.  I stood firm on the money and would not agree to their terms.

August 27, 2013 @ 9:00 we went before a Justice of the Peace and were given opportunities to tell our sides.  In the end the Justice of the Peace ruled in my favor and requested the rest of our money be returned but did not make Triple Play Labs pay any court costs.

In my opinion.....

Triple Play Labs is a poorly ran business.  This is not their first issue with a customer problem and we have learned a very valuable lesson...it pays to check with the BBB on any purchase of value and there MUST be a contract in place with any business, large or small, to help weed out dishonest business practices.

This process took 11 months, but in the end was well worth it.  I have never been one to be bullied nor firghtened away by anyone.  If the only accomplishment I made was to make other aware of Triple Play Labs, so that others do not fall into the same trap that we did, then it was worth it.

Everything always catches up to you sooner or later.  And, being straightforward and honest is not hard at all!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Triple Play PUPPY MILL?

AUTHOR: howdoyoulikethemapples - (United States of America)

I'm so sorry you're going through this mess and truly hope things turn out in your favor. The moment you weren't provided with a full contract detailing the sale you should have ran the other way. These trashy people sound like ruthless and much like a PUPPY MILL. I would NEVER, EVER purchase a puppy by putting down a deposit. I would pay for the puppy the SAME day I would be able to take him/her home. There are way too many good dogs that need a home for this non-sense. Please visit your local pound and save a needy dog's life.

Dishonest and Unethical Business

AUTHOR: Lydia - (USA)

Today is March 5, 2013 and as of today Triple Play Labs still has our money and dog.  There have been numerous efforts to resolve our dispute including FREE mediation with the BBB.  That was declined on the part of Triple Play Labs so a claim has been filed in Small Claims Court.  That claim was then sent to court ordered mediation and the president of Triple Play Labs emailed me stating that she would return my $300 deposit, $100 payment, but only pay $50 of the court costs.  In return I had to remove this report from Ripoffreport.com and remove my complaint with the BBB.

We declined her offer as we are now seeking repayment of all of the monies we put towards the dog plus all fees incurred to file with the courts.

In addition she has pushed back our mediation 4-6 additional weeks due to a personal situation in her life.  At that time mediation will also cost and we will include those charges as well.

This company had plenty of time to resolve our situation months ago but decided to drag everything out.  They also declined free mediation, therefore they will be responsible for all fees for forcing us to take it to a higher level.

Another family, that was treated in the same manner, will be with us at court.  At that time we are prepared to stand with them as they file a claim against Triple Play Labs to have their money returned.