Complaint Review: Tristar Products, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 29, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, April 22, 2003

• Reported By:cartesville ga
Tristar Products, Inc.
4 Century Drive Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

Tristar Products Inc the product I bought did not do what it said it would do but injured me instead! Left scars Rip-Off they don't give a d**n Parsippany New Jersey *EDitor's Comment

*Author of original report: dirty business along with their associates

*Author of original report: TRISTAR CROOKS

*Author of original report: TRISTAR CROOKS

*Consumer Comment: Gwen's Email

*Consumer Comment: "Fast Abs" banned by FTC Lawsuit - Tristar 's real Corporate info attached

*0: FASTABS

*0:

*0: EDitor's Response to the Business

*UPDATE Employee: Lynn - We apologize

I purchased a FastAbs ab belt which i thought would tone my muscles, but instead it blew holes in my skin. I looked like i had chicken pox all over my body. everyplace my skin was in contact with the belt left injuries. some scars as a result. has anybody else out there had a similar experience. Tristar's insurance company is screwing me around. help! please. anybody?

lynn
cartersville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2002 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tristar-Products-Inc/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Tristar-Products-Inc-the-product-I-bought-did-not-do-what-it-said-it-would-do-but-injured-33744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tristar Products, Inc.

dirty business along with their associates

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

APRIL 22, 2003- STILL HAVE NO RESOLVE. RECONTACTED GWEN J. AT TRISAR, BY SEND HER THIS REPORT VIA EMAIL- ALL I GOT WAS A NASTY RESPONSE TO MY HOME EMAIL ADDRESS. SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO RESPOND ON THIS WEB SIGHT, AS IN THE PAST SHE DID ONCE- BUT HAS DIRECTLY SENT ME EMAILS TO AVOID NATIONAL EXPOSURE. EVEN AFTER THE EDITOR'S COMMENT TO RESPOND PUBLICALLY. SHE EVEN HAD THE GALL TO WRITE ME BACK STATING IT WAS HARRASSMENT. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I THIN EVERYONE SHOULD FORWARD THEIR OWN REPORT DIRECTLY TO HER EMAIL ADDRESS. MABEY THE COMPANY WOULD GET THE HINT THAT WE AMERICAN CONSUMERS ARE TIRED OF DOING BUSINESS WITH DIRTY, SNEAKY, FRAUDULENT COMPANIES!!!!DEAR EDITOR, WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANKS-

TRISTAR CROOKS

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

I WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT TRISTART FORWARDED MY COMPLAINT TO THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY "BURLINGTON INSURANCE" OUT OF NORTH CAROLINA. ALSO KNOWN AS "IFG, INC." THEY ARE USING A COMPANY HERE IN ATLANTA AREA AS THEIR ADJUSTOR "CUSTARD INSURANCE". THEY SEEMED TO BE JUST AS EVASIVE AS TRISTAR PRODUCTS AND JUST AS RUDE AND UNCARING. I HAVE MORE INFO AND WILL POST THAT LATER. I NEED TO TALK TO ANOTHER ATTORNEY, AND THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER. ALSO- BACK TO THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT AT HOME SHOPPING NET-WORK. THAT IS WHERE I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE FASTABS DEVICE

TRISTAR CROOKS

Gwen's Email

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I don't know of how you got ahold of Gwen, you obviously know about their Postal mail address, but just FYI, if you email info@tristarproductsinc.com , Gwen will probably reply.

Or try his direct email Gwen James GwenJ@tristarproductsinc.com

Warning ! you probably have only one chance to say what you want, because if you contact Gwen by Email, you will most likely be locked out of contacting him again, and any further Emails you send will bounce back to you.

Tristar really hates anyone contacting, or even knowing about their Corporate addresses (Web, Email, Postal, Phones, etc.), that is why they prohibit Cudtomer Service from giving out that information.

They want you to deal with their Customer Service, 1-800 numbers that don't answer, and their Representatives who give you excuses, run around, and lies (Gwen does too, but at least he makes sure he only has to deal with you once).

Good Luck

"Fast Abs" banned by FTC Lawsuit - Tristar 's real Corporate info attached

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

That "Fast Abs" advertisement has been banned as false and misleading advertising, in an FTC Lawsuit. You can get info on the Lawsuit from the following FTC Website:

projectabsurd.htm

In addition, that Wallingford, CT. address is BOGUS. In months of writing, I have never received any response whatsoever, and they are not even listed in any Wallingford Business, or Phone Directories. Also, Customer Service (if and when they answer their 1-800 phones) refuse to give any Corporate Information out.

Their real Corporate Address is:
Tristar Products, 4 Century Drive, Parsippany, New Jersey, 07054. Tel: 973-683-1000, Fax: 973-683-1001, and I did receive a response within 30 minutes from their Email Address (although that may be just a scam response too, it remains to be seen, but at least I received a quick response, which has never happened before.).

Their Website, as they show on TV, http://www.tvinventions.com is really owned, and registered by Tristar Products, and there is no information on that Website as to their Corporate information. Their Corporate Website really is http://www.tristarproductsinc.com and their Email address is info@tristarproductsinc.com

Good Luck !

#6 0

FASTABS

AUTHOR: - ()

finding many more injuries sustained by others by using this product. law suits pending, please contact me if anybody else has eperienced injuries. ldurbrow@bellsouth.net

#7 0

AUTHOR: - ()

as of 11/07/02, still waiting for a call or letter from tristar's insurance company

#8 0

#9 0

#10 0

#11 0

#12 0

EDitor's Response to the Business

Gwen,

It is our experience that what you suggest (for the victim to make yet another attempt to make contact elsewhere) is one of the most common customer service scams that disreputable businesses employ. Therefore, we must insist that you correspond on this website, in full public view.

That having been said, we are heartened to see that you are taking responsibility and perhaps you may not turn out to be the rip-off that you seem at first brush.

ED Magedson

EDitor@ripoffreport.com

#13 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Gwen, I find it truley odd that the insurance company could not get in touch with me. i have been calling their insurance adjustor "custard ins. co." once or twice a week. my last call to them, i asked if i could have burlington's direct number and they refused to give it to me. i just keep getting screwed around. somebody is not telling the truth. i am the victim. and have been since the beginning of the year. 11 months now. i am sure you, yourself would be angry if you were me. how would you like to buy something in "trust", somthing that was suppose to make your body look better, but it ends up making you look worst.

all the millions of dollars you made off this gadget and you do not care what it has done to me. or anybody else out there. Once again, has anybody else out there sustaind injuries from using this product? please let me know.

#14 0

#15 0

#16 0

Lynn - We apologize

AUTHOR: Gwen - ()

We apologize for any injuries sustained.

Have spoken with Burlington Insurance Co. Don't know if she moved. They have not been able to contact her since 7/02. Please e-mail info@tristarproductsinc.com with a current address and telephone number and we will expedite this matter. Thank you for any assistance.