Complaint Review: Tristar Products Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, February 18, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 18, 2003

• Reported By:lincoln Nebraska
Tristar Products Inc.
www.tristarproductsinc.com Internet U.S.A.

Tristar Products Inc ripoff charges Internet Worldwide

signed me up for memberships, gave out my credit card, i was charged fees .....

I bought a sew smart sewing machine from a website selling Tristar products. Telemarketers began calling me, who already had my check-card number. Through these telemarketers I found out that Tristar sold my personal information (including my check card number) and signed me up for memberships for various companies when I bought their sewing machine. These companies began withdrawing "membership fees" out of my account, because the "free trial was over" and I had not cancelled. I knew nothing about these memberships.

Tristar does not make a privacy policy statement available to consumers, and my phone calls, emails, faxes have been ignored/not answered.

How is it legal to pass on my credit/check card number? How is it legal for these companies to then make unauthorized withdrawals?

Buyer beware of where your inforamtion is going!!!!!

lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2003 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tristar-Products-Inc/internet/Tristar-Products-Inc-ripoff-charges-Internet-Worldwide-45934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tristar Products Inc.