Complaint Review: Tristar Products

• Submitted: Sat, November 02, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, November 02, 2002

• Reported By:Roy UT
Tristar Products
26 Barnes industrial Rd North Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Tristar Products ripoff, misleading advertising false promises Wallingford Connecticut

I ordered 2 of their sew smart sewing machines. The itemes to be included was the sewing machine, 50 piece sewing kit, foot pedal and a hand help sewing machine so you can mend on the go.
All of this was for $14.99 & shipping and handling. To order you have to go through several pages.

On the first page they ask if you would like to upgrade the sew smart with 2 speed contols and a better foot pedal. You are also told that You will also recieve 2 lint removers, one large and one small all for $9.99

The next page promises you an adapter and an extra sewing kit with 64 pieces of matching threads and bobbins, Cost $9.99
At this point your paying $34.97 each with a shipping charge of $ 15.99 making the total $50.?? each.

What I recieved was 2 sewing machines, 50 sewing kit and an foot pedal if thats what you call it. The adapter was also in the package and had a hole especially made for it, leading me to believe it was meant to be sold with the machine in the first place.

I called the company because I realized they did not understand that I had been shorted 2 hand held sewing machines, 64 piece sewing kit and the lint removers. The new gal that ansered the phone said I hadnt paid shipping and that is why I didnt get it. I asked to speak with a supervisor who was in a meeting and left my name and phone number to call. 2+ hours later I called them back and they basically told me that I had no complaint.
I asked for the number of the company so I could call them and they said they were not allowed to give that out. The did give me a fax number but in trying to call it found you need an access code to get through to the machine.

I believe that Cheated me out of 2 hand held sewing machines, 64 piece thread and bobbin kit and 2 lint removers. I plan on sending the machines back for a credit but convienentyl there was no invoice enclosed and you need that to return the items.
I will do everything I can to let people know that this company is not reputatable and to purchase the items somewhere else. I will be from now on.

Sherrie
Roy, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2002 02:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tristar-Products/Wallingford-Connecticut-06495/Tristar-Products-ripoff-misleading-advertising-false-promises-Wallingford-Connecticut-34034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tristar Products