Complaint Review: Troncalli Dodge Chysler

• Reported By: Fred — Gainesville Texas United States of America
Troncalli Dodge Chysler
818 Atlanta Highway Cumming, Georgia United States of America

Troncalli Dodge Chysler Service Center Ripoff Cumming, Georgia

This dealer, Troncalli Chrysler Dodge in Cumming Georgia, was used for some repairs that were needed before taking the family on a long summer vacation.  The required repairs were some regular items, a computer problem along with a front end problem.

After getting the vehicle back with a clean bill of health and a $800+ invoice, we went on our trip. Several hours after leaving I started to get flashing lights on the dash indicating computer errors, the same problem that I paid to have fixed.  I had also noticed that the vehicle was pulling hard to the left, much more than it had been before I took it in for repair.  Six hours later I arrived at my destination with the vehicle in a sad state.

We looked into the front end problem.  The invoice showed that they had adjusted the toe and aligned the vehicle.  They did do this.  We knew they did this because they did not tighten the adjustment bolts after they were done, so they were loose making the alignment off even more.  On top of that the wheel bearing on the passenger side of the front end was completely worn.  It would have been impossible to align the front end with this bearing being worn, a rookie technician would know to check this. This cost an additional $400 to get the parts and we installed them.

The next day we had to have the vehicle towed to the local dealership it would not start, $75.  They pulled the computer which had supposedly been flashed with new software and noticed that it had not been touched.  As We were told, when a computer is flashed it is required that the service technician place a dated sticker over the previous sticker on the computer indicating that the computer had been flashed along with the date.  The last sticker was from 3 years earlier, so all indications were that they had not flashed the computer, but they billed me for it.

My thoughts after this event are that this company may not care about the safety of their customers at all.  They seem to do substandard work or no work at all, and still charge the customer as though they did good work, then sending them on their merry way regardless of the safety issues involved.  I would recommend that you avoid this dealership at all costs, they will rip you off in the same way and it may turn out to be even a worse case for you.

I have to ask myself a question, will it take someone getting killed due to Troncalli's negligence before they simply do what they are being paid for?  I hope not.  I hope they go out of business if for no other reason but for the safety of the general population.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Troncalli-Dodge-Chysler/Cumming-Georgia-30040/Troncalli-Dodge-Chysler-Service-Center-Ripoff-Cumming-Georgia-624766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Troncalli Dodge Chysler