Complaint Review: Tropical Manor Investments

• Updated: Thu, August 22, 2013

• Reported By: sick of corporate greed — lNew Port Richey Florida
Tropical Manor Investments
7541 Highwater Drive New Port Richey, Florida USA

Tropical Manor Investments Oaks View Apartment Homes Renters Beware. You will be sorry! New Port Richey Florida

*Author of original report: thank you Donna

*General Comment: You are not the only one having trouble there

*Author of original report: listen yourself sweetie

*General Comment: Listen...

First off let me say I started off very happy here. Until day two...when the faucet POPPED OFF THE KITCHEN SINK. Since then, in the less than three months we have lived here, we have had to call the office MULTIPLE times to fix leaks in the showers because the "rubber" washers they use wear out. For the past week I haven't been able to use my shower because there is no water pressure to my pipes in there. So we are paying rent on a two bedroom, two bath and we only have a two bedroom 1.5 bath. Also three weeks ago the people upstairs snuck a dog in their apartment. A big dog. Which they lock in a cage for 8 hours a day. So the dog is barking constantly and flipping out. I've complained to the office three times and have had no resolution. DO NOT RENT HERE! They have TWO repair men for this entire complex. When I complained about my shower I was told the repair men were too busy with other things and they'll get to me when they can. [continued below]....

..... 8 days later and I still don't have the use of half my bathroom. Now a day after I wrote a letter of complaint to the office telling them to fix the shower or I'll hire a plumber and deduct it from the rent I get a letter saying I'm violating my lease because of stuff I have on my porch. Seriously? Ok...don't say you weren't warned about the bs that goes on here...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tropical-Manor-Investments/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34655/Tropical-Manor-Investments-Oaks-View-Apartment-Homes-Renters-Beware-You-will-be-sorry-N-1078058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tropical Manor Investments

AUTHOR: sick of corporate greed - ()

It doesn't surprise me that the "pest control" man is unable to quell the problem. I really don't know where this place found him. He wears no uniform, or name tag. Comes in wearing a t-shirt, jeans and weilds a "bait gun" and a sprayer.  It's no surprise to me that he has failed the challenge of stemming the tide. The fleas are also out of control here, and that's because they have no pest control of the grounds. I found complaints about this complex on apartmentraitings.com. Unfortunately it was listed under oakcreek apartments and not Oaks View. If we had read those reports before hand then we never would have moved to this slum. I also filed a report there to try and warn people in advance. All the reviews can be read at this link... http://www.apartmentratings.com/FL/New-Port-Richey/Oakcreek-Apartments_727376178734655

I seriously hope that people take all the warnings to heart. This isn't about revenge or sour grapes. If I knew then what I know now, my boyfriend and I would have never wound up living under the thumb of these slum lords. I hope others are able to find these reports and avoid the crap that others here are suffering from. I truly feel for the people in B3. That is terrible and disgusting what the owners are allowing to go on here. I also believe calling the health department and having them investigate will be the best thing. As for them evicting us...well my boyfriend and I would love nothing more then if they were to say to us, "we're letting you out of your lease, please move." We STUPIDLY signed a 14 month lease back in May. So our suffering continues...

#2 General Comment

You are not the only one having trouble there

AUTHOR: DONNA - ()

First off let me tell you that you can filea complaint with the court at the courthouse in new port richey the clerk will give you the paperwork advising the court why you are refusing to pay rent

also a word to the wise apartment B3 has Bed Bugs and it has been reported to the office several weeks ago and they refuse to do anything about it and the lease included pest control which the pest control company is a joke. They confirmed it was bed bugs and the people in B3 have lost everything they cant even live in there apartment. This apartment complex is in violation of Fl statue 83.51 and you can contact the buildings department of the county the apartment complex can not evict you on retalitory conduct either cause that also is a violation of the statues.

The people who reside in B3 are mentally handicapped and are being taken advantage of . Bed Bugs  spread like german cockaroaches and just letting you know be careful cause they travel they are called hitchhikers and costs lots of money to get rid of especially if they are not dealt with cause they breed every 7-14 days and live off human blood or any warm blooded mammel

listen yourself sweetie

AUTHOR: sick of corporate greed - ()

About the dog, dont worry. I've already called PETA about that. As for the plumbing issue...the "how to videos"...I don't due plumbing, hun. That's why we pay to rent in an APARTMENT COMPLEX. Because the APARTMENT COMPLEX is in charge of maintaining the property. I'm not a "b***hy, whiny, complaining" type of person. I keep my mouth shut about a lot of things, but when a dog is still barking AFTER midnight and the office tells me to let THEM handle the issue...and they don't...then YES I get pissed off. especially when the owner makes all kind of excuses. And for a complex as big as this...to only have TWO repair men? So as to your rebuttal, you are right we get lemons in life...and here's my lemonade. People can take a sip of it or not. By the way your rebuttal isn't really a rebuttal; If you didn't like what I said, so what. America hun...freedom of speech. A rebuttal is to dispute what I said. I didn't see that there, just a lot of yack, yack, bull crap about what I posted. There are blogs for that. I posted a warning here and unless you can refute my statements, cry elsewhere.

#4 General Comment

Listen...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

In this life you get what you give. If you were the stellar tenant that you claim, they would have been all over your repair. Im betting your the "b*tching" type. You know, that person that does nothing but complain complain complain. If you give them grief they will give grief in return. Its just that simple.

Now to address your concerns. First call animal control if the dog is barking that much. Second, if your shower has washer issues, a quick search on youtube would yield a ton of "How to" videos. Dont wait for them, take the situation under control and fix it yourself. Then present the bill to your landlord. If you have to hire a plumber, then thats what you have to do.

Just be warned, in this life you get what you give. If you make trouble for them, they will do the same for you. Its human nature. So try and appraoch the situation from that perspective. Im sure youre sitting there thinking. :Oh Im not going to budge!! They have a legal obligation". Well LEGAL is only so long as you have proof and a judge that will buy it. If there is no law there you can scream LEGAL all you like, youll just get laughed at. I know it can be frustrating but sometimes you have to do things you dont agree with for the peace and quiet of everyone. Try to stay off of your high horse its a long way down to the mud.

I say this because ppl tend to think that they are "right" when they are not. Because THEY feel they are "right" every action they do is justified under that umbrella. Because of this a situation can and does quickly spiral out of control. If youre happy there then do whats "RIGHT". Dont go making demands, these ppl have everyone putting demands on them. Understand that they are HUMAN BEINGS and not either robots or your personal slaves. They are ppl with feelings and a life of thier own. Just because you dont know them well enough to be friends with them doesnt mean that you shouldnt give them any consideration. Oftimes we tend to "gloss over" these little tidbits of information in our "quest" to get what we want. So in closing, if you want to have problems from managment taken care of, you need to be less "terminator" and more "Aunt Bee".

Try doing something nice, maybe cookies. Maybe bring the office staff some coffee. Seperate yourself from your anger and work WITHIN the system to get what you want. Ppl are generally good, but when you start making demands and attempting to circumvent the in house processes, all you do is piss off the ppl you want to do something for you. Thats never wise. Oh they will do it, but it would be a crappy job filled with attitude.

dirty