Complaint Review: Tropical RV

• Updated: Sun, September 09, 2012

• Reported By: John — Salem Virginia United States of America
Tropical RV
10731 State Road 52 Hudson, Florida United States of America

Tropical RV Deceit and out right lying about $30,000 motorhome that was to be a dream but has been a nightmare Hudson, Florida

*Author of original report: Tropical RV Ripoff

I have been working for over eight months and spent over $5,000 to make a motor home usable because of multiple serious problems with the coach that were the probable reason why the previous owner allowed the coach to be repossessed. The most serious was major water leaking that resulted in rotting of the laminated inner and outer walls. A problem of this magnitude is nearly sufficient to scrap the coach outright. I asked if there were leaks and they clearly said no. Within a week after arriving home there was moderate rain resulting in the new carpet being soaked and beginning to mildew within the next week. They knew there was a serious leak problem and had dried out the coach and installed new carpet just long enough to get it off the lot. This was not easy to do.

The other issues probably number over 50. An example is the front AC they said had just been repaired at a cost to them of $500. [continued below]....
..... When I tried to run it after getting home I found the compressor was frozen. My son is an AC tech who fixed it for about $200 but this would have been $1000 for anyone else. The list goes on and on. They lie and lie.

I have become careless and too trusting. To have made such a blunder is as much my fault. So I was hasty and stupid. The consequence is that my "dream" RV has been a disaster that I am struggling to recover from. If I consider the diminished re-sale potential of the coach as it is now my total loss on this deal will be over $10,000. That's a  lot for this retired guy.

Sorry to say but these guys are simply crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tropical-RV/Hudson-Florida-/Tropical-RV-Deceit-and-out-right-lying-about-30000-motorhome-that-was-to-be-a-dream-but-930640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tropical RV

Tropical RV Ripoff

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

I have been working for over eight months and spent over $5,000 to make a motor home usable because of multiple serious problems with the coach that were the probable reason why the previous owner allowed the coach to be repossessed. The most serious was major water leaking that resulted in rotting of the laminated inner and outer walls. A problem of this
to get it off the lot. This was not easy to do. The other issues probably number over 50. An example is the front AC they said had just been repaired at a cost to them of $500. When I tried to run it after getting home I found the compressor was frozen. My son is an AC tech who fixed it for about $200 but this would have been $1000 for anyone else. The list goes on and on.
They lie and lie. I have become careless and too trusting. To have made such a blunder is as much my fault. So I was hasty and stupid. The consequence is that my "dream" RV has been a disaster that I am struggling to recover from. If  I consider the diminished re-sale potential of the coach as it is now my total loss on this deal will be over $10,000.
That's a  lot for this retired guy. Sorry to say but these guys are simply crooks.