Complaint Review: Tru Genix Hoodia E-Curves

• Submitted: Fri, March 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 11, 2006

• Reported By:Yuma Arizona
Tru Genix Hoodia E-Curves
P O Box 95668 South Jordan, Utah U.S.A.

Tru Genix Hoodia E-Curves ripoff by tru genix & e-curves after trial period which was cancelled within trial period. Followed their instructions but they refuse any refund South Jordan Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Keeping up with the fine print

I paid $8.97, which was posted on my CC on 1/26/06, for a trial of tru genix, which I then cancelled within the two-week trial. I received my credit card bill and was amazed to see another charge by tru genix of $46.90 on 1/19/06, which was posted BEFORE the trial amount.

In addition, there was a charge of $28.97 on 1/23 by e-curves, something I had never heard of before. Interestingly, I noted that tru genix and e-curves had the same phone number.

I dialed the number and reached a very rude and insulting female, who said that when I requested the trial of tru genix, I agreed to buy additional tru genix at $46.90. I reiterated that I had cancelled within the 14-day trial. She said that once an order is shipped, there is NEVER a refund given.

I stated that I had not even opened the shipment but had returned it immediately by certified mail, return receipt (which receipt I have in my possession). The woman responded that once the product is shipped, there will be no refund.

I then asked about e-curves, indicating that I had never heard of it. She was very rude in her reply that it wasn't her fault that I hadn't read the Terms and Conditions of the trial period. I responded that on the front page of tru genix it very clearly stated that tips on weight loss, a weight loss diet for a week, and a measure of my Body Mass Index would be FREE. It didn't matter what was on that page, I should have read the Terms and Conditions prior to the order of the trial.

I hung up and read the Terms and Conditions (which rivaled "War and Peace" in length). It became very clear quickly that this was truly a Rip-Off big time. Every single thing that could be placed in that document to cover tru genix and e-curve's behinds was in it. They even went so far as to state very clearly that if any charges were brought against them, all attorney fees and court fees would be the responsibility of the client, who would still not receive a refund from any court.

I made one more call to this company a day or so later and received the same, repetitious answers. I could hear other women responding to phone calls and everything I could hear was argumentative and defensive. I asked the young woman who had just refused my refund again if she liked her job. She hesitated, so I went on to say that she sounded very stressed and I would hate to have to go to work each day, knowing that I would be arguing with angry people all day. I ended with I'd look for another job if I were you. She laughed nervously and said that she might just have to do that.

Yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2006 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tru-Genix-Hoodia-E-Curves/South-Jordan-Utah-84092/Tru-Genix-Hoodia-E-Curves-ripoff-by-tru-genix-e-curves-after-trial-period-which-was-canc-180544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tru Genix Hoodia E-Curves

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Keeping up with the fine print

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Many questionable companies bury the important information way down in the terms and conditions box. The people who do begin reading the agreement give up before they get to the end.

I copied the entire agreement and pasted it into a word processing file. It made it easier to read, and I was able to print it out as well.

I also copy any other pertinent information from the web page such as the "free" stuff information, any phone numbers, etc. I save this all into a Word file so I don't have to remember all the details when cancelling.

Recently, I signed up for a free trial for a diet pill. I had a instant message-type box pop-up, with a "live" operator at the other end. It first tells me to type "hi" or "hello" to indicate that I am there. Then it tells me that: "just for trying our product, you are entitled to a free 14 day trial of 'rip-off',I will sign you up for that right now." Of course, I typed "no" and get the response about how to cancel within the the trial period...blah...blah

Funny thing, I was not able to copy this scrolling message, but I did grab my pen and write down the information as fast as I could. And, as you could guess, the phone number to cancel was DIFFERENT that the one for the diet pill. So if you aren't quick on the draw, you will miss getting this information. Even stranger, the box closed and disappeared without any action on my part. Now you definitely won't be able to locate a phone number or address until you are billed and try to dispute it.

Bottom line: companies know we are lazy and forgetful, and the majority won't even read the entire agreement. Even the ones who read it all often miss the numerous ways the company covers itself. The site I visited said that if you were billed for the first time after the trial period, that you had no recourse for refund, and that you would be billed for two additional months before you would even be eligible to cancel. (Now we just got to remember to cancel.)

If the terms and agreements document is long, copy and paste it. Save your website page so you can come back to it later. Read the agreement completely and carefully. Mull over it for a couple of days. If it sounds like the company can have you over the barrel in too many ways, pass it up.

Since websites often change, the statement showing that you receive all these "free" things with your trial period may not even be on the website when you come back. To help document what the web page says, simply hit the key labeled "Prt Scr", generally located above the delete key, next to the F12. Then go to a word processing page and perform a paste, and the 'snapshot' of your screen can be saved for future reference. (This is also a good trick for those banks who show you a different online balance several times a day)