- Report: #617953
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: TruGreen
TruGreen13990 172nd Avenue Grand Haven, Michigan United States of America
TruGreen ChemLawn, Service Master Beware of sales job opportunities Grand Haven, Michigan
TruGreen has a weekly sales quota for the entire sales department to meet, like 100, 200 or so sales to be met. If the quota is not met, then they work Saturday to make up the difference. Start at 9:00 A.M. get done WHENEVER the sales team meets the quota, not 2:00 P.M. More like between 3:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. A typical sale would remain between $125.00 and $ 280.00. Typically sell between 4 and 6 per week falling below the $2500.00 sales goal to start commission. First week went by in 47 hours. When I received my first paycheck I got paid for 40 hours. I asked my boss what was going on with the 7 hours of overtime. He told me that I was on salary for 40 hours and Saturday is so you can increase your commission (more like help them meet their sales quota). I rarely was able to reach the commission plan and worked most every Saturday for FREE! Well, I gave up that job, working Saturday's for FREE is not for me!
There's no doubt that TruGreen took advantage of me. I am not looking for a lawsuit or anything like that. TruGreen does provide superior lawn services and products. I saw so many beautiful lawns that they work on and can assure you that this portion of their business is second to none! I want to educate people about how I was taken advantage of and turn the table around a bit. I can say that if you've been thinking about their services and want a great lawn at an affordable price then do yourself a huge favor, follow these simple steps.
1) Know that TruGreen's full program is 7 applications from April until November. The lawns that receive all 7 applications are truly amazing and guaranteed! 2) The salesmen are desperate and can break up the full program in order to make a sale. Your lawn will look great while TruGreen takes care of it, when you resume control, well, that's anybody's guess!! 3) Always request to see a salesman on your lawn Wednesday or Thursday night after dinner. Your spouse should not be present. Your just too busy any other day of the week, ask them for their name, please come back, ect. 4) When they arrive, ask them several questions you have about your lawn. Ask them what will be done, what's different than what you do and the cost. ALWAYS tell them "that's too expensive" (even if it is a great price), remain interested. Tell them several times that you need and want their services. Request that they check with their manager for a better price. Request a written quote, provide a cell phone number, but do not commit to buying at this time, want to think it over, check with spouse, ect. 5) Make the decision to have TruGreen take care of your lawn on your terms, without the pressure of the salesman. 6) Tell the salesman that you are extremely busy ALL the time and would like to think it over. 7) MOST IMPORTANTLY; Please call back (Cell phone only) on SATURDAY between 11:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. Inform them to leave you a voice mail if you don't answer as it is important! Saturday is the only day and time frame you have available, after all, you are extremely busy ALL the time!
When they call back on this "magical day", do yourself another huge favor, tell them "I really want and need your services, however the quoted price is just out of my budget, can we call your boss again about this price?" Remember, they are totally desperate for a sale on Saturday! Make sure they call their boss 2 - 3 times between Wednesday and Saturday! They will most likely give you a great price, however they will most likely want a 7 Application commitment from you. Here's the thing with Michigan Law, there cannot be a binding contract on lawn care! You can cancel anytime! If you want all 7, great! you will have an awesome lawn, guaranteed! If not, receive as many as you want then call them and cancel services. Just do your self another favor upon canceling services, request that you be placed on their NO CALL LIST and DO NOT KNOCK LIST or they will call you 75 times per season and stop over once monthly to get your business back.
I hope the above information is helpful. TruGreen, Grand Haven Michigan Branch phone number is (616) 846 - 0036
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2010 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TruGreen/Grand-Haven-Michigan-49417/TruGreen-ChemLawn-Service-Master-Beware-of-sales-job-opportunities-Grand-Haven-Michigan-617953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.