Complaint Review: True Credit Report

True Credit Report
truecreditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

True Credit Report Ripoff They won't let me shut down their service Internet

*Consumer Comment: same issue

I've been checking my credit consistanly for years keeping an eye on it and fixing errors. Several months ago I used truecreditreport.com for a check and somehow they got an unused bank account which I still have open into their records. I tried several times to change the bank account number yet it always came back to the unused account. I called them for help and asked them to shut down the service which they had agreed. Yet they are still taking money out of that account and charging me late fees and check bounce charges which they also attempt to take out of that account. I've paid them by money order and written them letters to shut down the account which they seem to refuse to do. Today I open that account and check it just to find they have taken out more money which causes me to have more bounce check fees from them. I have contacted the bank and asked them not to allow Truecredit or their collection office to take out any money and the bank is being helpfull in that respect. Do I need to contact the attorney general to get them stopped? Also, truecredit's phone number is well hidden in their website. It can take some time to find.

Tim t
Rawlins, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2009 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/True-Credit-Report/internet/True-Credit-Report-Ripoff-They-wont-let-me-shut-down-their-service-Internet-462871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True Credit Report

same issue

AUTHOR: billybob - (United States of America)

This company is a total scam.  I had a similar issue.  I canceled and they kept billing me and they would they would not allow me to cancel online or remove my credit card.  I had american express call them to stop the billing and I called several times to cancel and they kept billing me.  Total scam artist.