• Report: #196175

• Submitted: Tue, June 13, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:Tehachapi California
True Logic Financial
10000 East Geddes Ave. Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

True Logic Financial multiple excessive messages left on cell phone with no identification of company or reason ripoff Englewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Cease and Desist.....

*Consumer Suggestion: A very easy solution here..

*Consumer Suggestion: Do Not call list

*Author of original report: Why on cell phone??

*Consumer Comment: why they don't name the company

*Consumer Suggestion: Call them back.

Over a 5 month period this company has left messages that are barely readable on my cell phone. It is a computer generated person usually a "Stefanie Jones", who says that it is important that you call her back, gives a 877# then a reference number that is so distorted that I can not understand it. She never identifies the company or reason for call.

I refused to call back over that period of time as believing it to be a telemarket call and doing so would verify my number to them. As I use my cell in my car only and it can sit for days, I would get 3 or 4 of these voice messages every week when I turned my phone on.

I finally called the number a few weeks ago and after being directed to multiply "press this, press that, I got a human who I asked "what is the name of your company? and was put on hold without an answer. I hung up.

Finally today I called by land line and got a representative telling me they have my cell # belonging to someone else? I asked if I could bill them for my cell charges over the 5 month period and the supervisor was rude calling me "stupid" for not calling back for 5 months, and they would consider such a billing "a joke".

This company needs to be "hammered" by the FCC.

Mike
Tehachapi, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2006 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/True-Logic-Financial/Englewood-Colorado-80112/True-Logic-Financial-multiple-excessive-messages-left-on-cell-phone-with-no-identification-196175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True Logic Financial

Cease and Desist.....

AUTHOR: Xtina99 - (U.S.A.)

Steve, that is excellent advice, BUT, in my case the number shows up as "unknown" on the caller ID and the message is garbled as hell. They start calling around 8am - the last call of the day is 9pm and they call hourly!!! I tried to get my cell phone provider to get me a number or any kind of identification but they say it is outside of their bounds! I have wondered if the call is intentionally garbled and just a harassment technique. Very frustrating.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

A very easy solution here..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Mike,

All you need to do is send a cease communication request. Identify the number they are calling, but do not give any other personal info. Clearly state that you are not the person they are looking for and you do not owe the debt.

Inform them that any further contact will result in criminal harassment charges, and a civil lawsuit for FDCPA violations.

Send the letter by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself, and keep a copy for your records along with the certified reciept.

Done.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Do Not call list

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

The Do Not Call list does not apply to a debt collector. As they may be attempting to collect a debt, the DNC list does not count. Based on my limited experience (I started a job within the last week in this area), most of the numbers that are called are wrong numbers. Many people change their phone number nowdays, and phone companies recycle the numbers. Most reputable debt collectors (not all I am afraid) will remove your phone number from the database once you advise them it is a wrong number.

Why on cell phone??

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

So you are telling me a message left by a company called "True Logic Financial" would tell me it's a collection Agency???? That's a stretch..... I would still think it's telemarketer trying to get a response from random dialing. And, once I would answer, it would get worse. And, why are they calling cell phones leaving generic messages instead of writing a letter, which is legal proof of service?? I rarely use my cell, and only while away from home, it's bad enough having to answer a call at 70 miles an hour without it being a repeated, recorded, vague, advertisement like,sing song voiced female that sounds like shes trying to sell you something. On a recent trip to Idaho from California I got three of these in one day!!!!! I called my provider and they told me to put the number on the Fed's "Do Not Call List" which I did, but that didn't stop them either.

why they don't name the company

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Mike,

this may be an obvious thing. If the collection agency left a message saying that they are a collection agency, they are violating the FDCPA. That legislation says that they can not disclose the debt unless the "debtor" is identified. I completely understand your frustration about using about them using your cell minutes, but they are actually following the law. Something that it seems they don't do too often.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dave - (Canada)

I have had many wrong numbers and always call them back immediately and get them to stop. There are many times where they do not believe I am not the person they are looking for. In that case I always am rude when they call back. If they call when when I get unlimited time on my cell, I keep them on the line as long as I can wasting their time. If they are on the phone with me, they cannot be calling someone who owes them money or might want to buy the crap they are selling.

#7 Consumer Suggestion