• Report: #201154

• Submitted: Fri, July 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 14, 2006

• Reported By:Auburn Washington
True Logic Financial/CompuCredit/Fingerhut Credit Services
10000 East Geddes Ave, Suite 100 Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

True Logic Financial/CompuCredit/Fingerhut Credit Services - Four Years AFTER Account Determined Fraudulent, Still Harrassing Me! Englewood Colorado

Four years ago, my SSN was stolen and a various number of accounts were opened using my SSN. Once I found this out, I contacted ALL of the companies involved, did the run around paperwork to prove who I was, and subsequently ALL of the accounts were removed from my credit report. Okay then, you would think that would be the end of story!! OH NO!!

Fingerhut credit services sold their old accounts to CompuCredit Corporation. This included fraud accounts, closed account and deliquent accounts. CompuCredit sent this account that was opened fraudulently to True Logic Financial for collections! (Mind you the original account was opened in 2001, and I recieved a letter from Fingerhut in 2002 stating that the account had be deleted from my SSN).

This morning, 7/14/2006, True Logic Finanical called my home number (or should I say their recording called regarding important business information). I called them back, and they immediately told me that they couldn't help me unless I provided my SSN!! I DON'T THINK SO, being that my SSN is already comprimised. I was able to determine that the account in question was from Fingerhut credit services. But before I got this information, I was hung up on five seperate times (twice by the same person),

I spoke to two separate supervisors after one person REFUSED to allow me to talk to one, and was told that "I was screwed". OH -- They also wouldn't tell me what company they were and/or any account information regarding the account in question.

I called CompuCredit and talked to someone there, but they couldn't help me unless I gave my SSN and information regarding the account. But, since True Logic would not tell me anything about the account, I was forced to call them back. Finally, after two hours I was able to get True Logic's name but still was not able to get account information.

I called CompuCredit and got their fax number and faxed a copy of a letter stating that this account was fraudulent and they I insisted that they clear this issue up.

True Logic Financial told me that I MUST fax information to them.....information that was faxed to Fingerhut four years ago in order to prove who I am!

I'm still waiting to hear back from CompuCredit, but I plan to continue to fax them information regarding the letters from Fingerhut stating that the account is NOT mine. I will call True Logic back on monday to get a fax number from them and will fax the same information to them.

These people were not only RUDE but totally unsympathetic with regards to my situation....and being that this account was completed in 2002, I should NOT have to relive this all over again!

Auburn, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2006 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/True-Logic-FinancialCompuCreditFingerhut-Credit-Services/Englewood-Colorado-80112/True-Logic-FinancialCompuCreditFingerhut-Credit-Services-Four-Years-AFTER-Account-Dete-201154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True Logic Financial/CompuCredit/Fingerhut Credit Services