guided

• Reported By: Vicky — Spring Texas United States of America
True Results
7515 Main St. #350 Internet United States of America

True Results Dr. Hollis Lied about filing an Insurance claim Internet

My Daughter contacted True Results for the Lap Band procedure back in January 2013, she submitted her insurance card to the insurance advocate at True Results and was told she was denied by the insurance company, because she did not meet their criteria.  So they offered her financing for $10,000.00, she was able to get the financing through her bank for the whole amount of $10,000.00. She had to pay for the procedure the day of the surgery which she did.  Today (March 1st, 2013) she had her procedure, and when the doctor came out to let us know how she was doing and went over some things with us, he told us that she had a Hiatal Hernia and he did the repair on it.  I asked the advocate about resubmitting the claim to my insurance because of it being a medical issue, and she informed me that they do not accept our insurance. I was shocked because we would have went to a doctor who does accept BCBS FED. I am really upset that my daughter was lied to. When i got home I called my insurance company to find out they never requested a claim for this. I also found out that if they dont accept our insurance than it could have been claimed as out- of- network.  True Results took advantage of a young Lady knowing that if they told her that they dont accept our insurance than we would have found another clinic, but instead we were under the impression that the insurance denied her.  I spoke with the Insurance company and she was really surprised that they performed the Lap Band procedure with out going through the proper steps. She told me that if you go through insurance than the actual procedure would have taken alot longer than one month. she said usually 1 year to 1 1/2 years because of different requirements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/True-Results/internet/True-Results-Dr-Hollis-Lied-about-filing-an-Insurance-claim-Internet-1022240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True Results