Complaint Review: True

• Updated: Fri, October 20, 2006

• Reported By:Caryville Tennessee
True
true.com Internet U.S.A.

True dishonest and fraudulent billing by true.com Internet

*Author of original report: True is giving a refund now because I filed a complaint with the BBB

True.com resubscribed me to their site without me knowing.

A few months ago I took the free trial at true and either made a mistake by not cancelling in time or was simply ripped off! So I took the 1 month subscription at the end of the subscription I called and cancelled it tho they tryed to resubscribe me .they finally agreed to let me cancel. Now it is another charge on my bill!

When checking my credit card bill online last week I noticed another $49.99 charge from true on sept 16 for a 1 month subscription. I emailed them and found out they had resubscribed me somehow I still dont know how.

They then as always make you call a phone number to cancel tho I have prepaid cell phone! So I called and explained to them as I had by email that I did not subscribe and my account had not been active. If they checked the records this would be obvious to them since I had not sent any email or winks to anyone.

The woman I talked to would only say stuff like I subscribed again and asked what I wanted to do I then told them to delete the account and remove the charges from my credit card. They deleted the account and will not remove the $50 charge from my credit card!

I am planning to dispute this charge with my credit card company and file a complaint with the better bussiness bereau. Any advice on the best way to proceed would be appreciated.

Just to let you know more about their dating site while I was subscribed the search engine would not work on anything expect for a distance search. If you tryed to search by hair color, height, weight or occupation it did not work.

When I emailed customer support about this they didnt seem to know what they were doing, they said change some of your settings, then go to a link they sent but none of it worked and they never even made any sense! Also many times while I was there the site would be down and tell you to come back later and you had to wait a long time. Some of it was for repairs which they did in the middle of the day.

That compatabliy test is very long and if you feel you want to retake it or change something you have to email a very bad customer support department!

Also after paying $50 for a subscription you cannot send someone your instant messenger ID or email address! If you do their computers will cut that part out of your email

This site says they are the only internet dating site that does background checks for convicted felons and married people. But I wouldnt trust them about that they seem misleading about everything!

Greg
Caryville, Tennessee

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it!Make sure theymake the Rip-off Report.. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2006 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/True/internet/True-dishonest-and-fraudulent-billing-by-truecom-Internet-214218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I did as I said and filed a complaint with the better business bureua BBB CASE#: 91022295

Tho I warned true.com over the phone and via email this was likely to happen they still put me thru the trouble of filing the complaint with the BBB and with my credit card company. In addition to making me call to cancel a subscription that I never subscribed to. Also I had to go to my brothers house to make several phone calls because you cant call places like that on a prepaid cell phone.

I recieved the email from the better businesss beureau on the 18th about the apparent refund. The response from true was dated the 16th. It said I had 5 days to respond. Since the refund they said they issued hasnt showed up on my credit card account and because I am unsure how to deal with this I would not agree to withdraw the complaint as of yet.

Any advice??? I think it has been a lot of nagging paper work
dealing with this company from day 1 with the free trial offer. And I still dont know if the over charge on my credit card will effect my credit rating

I think my credit card company may have gaven the refund anyway I just faxed in the the necessary papers to them a few days ago.