Complaint Review: True.com

• Updated: Tue, December 07, 2010

• Reported By: tstahoe — La Mesa California United States of America
True.com
Internet, Texas United States of America

True.com True somehow drained both checking and savings accts. as well into overdraft and all unauthorized by me ! Internet, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: True.com free trial

*Consumer Comment: Time limits

I signed up for their 7 day trial  no charge offer and used a credit card # on a canceled bank card. It did not work and I thought nothing of it and went about my life.At that time I had neither a checking nor savings acct. About a year later I opened both savings and checking accts. and the first month they were opened , True.com somehow accessed my acct.'s and withdrew 256.00 from one and 149.00 from the other, as well using the overdraft in both and left me owing the banks $$ and now I can't even open any account anywhere. It has been 2 yrs. and I have tried their Fraud dept. (Wells Fargo Bank) over the phone as well as countless calls to branch managers,etc. They all tell me Iwaited too longbut thats B.S. because they can do somethin and I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm far from done with these individuals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2010 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truecom/Internet-Texas-/Truecom-True-somehow-drained-both-checking-and-savings-accts-as-well-into-overdraft-and-668897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True.com

True.com free trial

AUTHOR: erinnm34 - (United States of America)

We apologize for any confusion caused by the free trial offer. Please contact me directly at erinn.branch@true.com and I will personally ensure we get this situation rectified for you immediately.

Time limits

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"It has been 2 yrs. and I have tried their Fraud dept. (Wells Fargo Bank) over the phone as well as countless calls to branch managers,etc. They all tell me Iwaited too longbut thats B.S. because they can do somethin and I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right.  You waited 2 years to dispute the transaction with the bank?  If so, they are right.  Read your account terms.  You can dispute transactions, but most banks give you 60 to 90 days after the transactions appear on a statement.

Good luck being squeaky.  I don't think the bank will budge on this one.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC