Complaint Review: True.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2006

• Reported By:Beckley West Virginia
true.com Irving, Texas U.S.A.

True.com ripoff!! Signed up for a 7 day free trial. Was not told that I would be charged $49.99 at end of trial. Had problems earlier with unauthorised charges Irving Texas

I received an email from True.com offering a 7 day free trial. OK, I am single so I said why not? I signed up only to have my debit card charged $33.99. I called customer service and explained that I DID NOT want to subscribe to True.com, just the free trial.
I also told the nice lady that the 7 day trial would not let me use my old account and I had to create a new one.I was cheerfully told that my new account would not be charged, and the $33.99 was returned to my account(2/14/06. I thought everything was fine, Until.....
Today, 2/22/2006, I opened my banking program, and all I see is red. My account has been charged $49.99 for a membership to True.com which caused an overdraft charge of $31.00.

I immediately called customer service (on hold for 30+- minutes). When I finally did speak to a human, I found that a machine would have been much more pleasant.
I was told that because I did not cancell the free trial, I was automatically signed up for a month @ $49.99, and they did not cause the overdraft. Even though the first customer service rep told me that I would NOT be charged.
My Advice to everyone is that you steer clear of TRUE.com! If you get an email from them, deleat it as fast as you can!!!

Beckley, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2006 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truecom/Irving-Texas-75039/Truecom-ripoff-Signed-up-for-a-7-day-free-trial-Was-not-told-that-I-would-be-charged--177480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True.com