Complaint Review: True.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 09, 2008

• Reported By:waxahachie Texas
True.com Irving, Texas U.S.A.

True.com internet dating scam Irving Texas

I discovered True.com on the internet and I posted my profile joined for free and began to search the ladies profiles. I did not plan to pay a fee to contact any lady until I discovered a lady that I was attracted to. On my personal profile I posted what type lady I would want for a wife. After a week or ten days I was not able to find the type lady I was searching for. Then...."surprise"....I get a notice from True.com that a certain lady was interested in me. I read that ladies profile and she was "exactly" what I was searching for.....asian, correct height, correct weight, Catholic, no children, etc. So I immediately paid $53.29 for a membership and then I wrote a letter to the asian lady using True.com's message service. The next morning I received a letter from True.com saying that the asian lady's profile was no longer available. In my opinion True.com read my profile to discover what type lady I was searching for and then they created a phony profile of a lady in order for me to pay and join their dating site. The lady never existed. I am sure this is a scam they are working every day in order to con men out of money. When I contacted them by phone they offered to extend my membership......since the lady "no longer was available". I refused.

waxahachie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truecom/Irving-Texas/Truecom-internet-dating-scam-Irving-Texas-349170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True.com