Complaint Review: True.com

• Submitted: Sun, October 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, October 22, 2006

• Reported By:oconto falls Wisconsin
True.com
www.true.com Irving, Texas U.S.A.

True.com ripoff deceptive advertising, misleading statments, false promises Irving Texas

*Consumer Comment: NEVER Give Payment Info for a FREE TRIAL

My friend and i received an e-mail from true.com stating free trial with a sign saying cancel anytime flashing in red. so we thought we would try the free trial just to see what kind of women were on there. They asked for a credit card for id purposes only, to prove your over 18yrs.after the trial was over we forgot about it, thinking the trial period was done.

I received my bank statement and true.com took $49.99 out of my account that i did not authorize. I called true.com and told them i wanted my money back and i don't want their service they said no and were very rude to me and hung up on me. I called right back got someone different and he said you should have read the terms&conditions you must cancel before the trial period ends.I replied then why the sign saying cancel at anytime
flashing in red?He then said we are not refunding your money.

I filed a report with the better bb they sent them a letter and to date nothing has happend. It's been months i want my money plus interest have done this to other people too. This time they ripped off the wrong dude. I will not stop until i get my money back,no matter what it takes.

Wayne
Oconto Falls, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2006 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truecom/Irving-Texas/Truecom-ripoff-deceptive-advertising-misleading-statments-false-promises-Irving-Texas-217049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True.com

NEVER Give Payment Info for a FREE TRIAL

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

In reading ripoff reports, I keep seeing the same event occurring, over and over. I am glad I have, because it's definitely driven home to me to NEVER give credit card or bank info FOR A FREE TRIAL.

If they want your CC # or bank account - THEY WILL BE CHARGING YOU, regardless of whatever the cancellation policy may be stated as.

Not letting them get your financial information in the first place is the only defense, as it also seems just as apparent from all these reports that refunds are the last thing any of these companies will provide.

I'm sure sorry to everyone who has learned this the hard way, but I truly do appreciate you all filing your reports and helping me avoid losing money I don't have.