Complaint Review: True.com

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
True.com
www.true.com Internet U.S.A.

True.com Zillions of received emails and winks Irving Internet

*Consumer Comment: ALL of these Online MATCHMAKERS are SCAMS!

I joined True.com (dating) in the fall of 2007. Within a week I received more than 20 emails and 50 winks. I sorted through these and sent about a dozen replies. But received no resonses.

The site has a very interesting Personality Profile (compatability) section, but most women did not fill it out.

Also, I should say that I'm early 50's and most that I contacted were 20's and 30's - so I didnt expect much, but my Profile said as much.

Later, moved to Nevada and for 6 months, I averaged receiving about 10 winks and 3 emails a week. I continued to respond to about 25% of these.

Several of the winks said "Let's Chat" and when the person was online, I would initiate a chat, yet No one answered. EVER. (ok, one in Mississippi in the middle of the night.... but she had never contacted me previously....)

I called and asked about this, They said that many members were shy and wouldn't chat 1 on 1. That I should try the chat rooms.

In the chatrooms most of the "ladies" used language that would embarass a drunken sailer....

Later, I found out how to see if my emails, had been read, only about 5% had been, Only a handfull of 60 or more of my emails sent- In Response to woman - who had Requested I Chat with them ! were even read !

Also, less than 10% of the Winks came from people who had Even Viewed my Profile!

One replied. She said she was available for a fee.

After about 6 months, my membership lapsed.... but I re-signed up for a free trial.

I noticed after a week that over 20 emails and winks had been sent out Automatically in my name, saying that I "was interested", "let's chat" , etc to women I had only viewed their profiles.

AND THEN I figured it out ! 98% of all the correspondance I received was computer generated fake.

Finally I sent an email to a lady with a rambunctious sense of humor, She fired back, "get lost old man !" but the next day recieved something from her to the nature that I should contact her.

I wrote her a carefull reply saying that I knew Most Messages were fake, and that I didnt mean to bother ..... ( I checked all the messages that I had received for a similar Subject Line, and found none. - so I thought it could possibly have been a real message.)

She fired back a Strong Warning ! I called the site and had my profile removed..... about $130 for one chat in 8 months.( ending summer 2008)

Niceguyinnevada
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2008 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truecom/internet/Truecom-Zillions-of-received-emails-and-winks-Irving-Internet-389509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on True.com

ALL of these Online MATCHMAKERS are SCAMS!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I do NOT believe anything I see under Internet Services anymore.

These people are the worst and they CONSTANTLY FILL MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT WITH SPAM,SPAM and MORE SPAM!
THEY LIE AND PREY UPON LONELY PEOPLE OF ALL GENDERS,RACES, RELIGIONS,ETC!