Complaint Review: Trugreen

• Submitted: Sun, April 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, April 14, 2013

• Reported By: RTR1997 — Arlington Texas
2420 113th street Grand Prairie, TX 75050 Grand Prairie, Texas United States of America

Trugreen Poor customer service and horrible billing practices Grand Prairie, Texas

I selected this company to service y lawn. My home is located in a HOA that will issue a citation for 1 weed. The customer service guys that sign you up are wonderful because the want your $500+ but after that it is all downhill.

Service appt1 02/2013: requested a Saturday so that I could meet with the tech to go over the condition of the lawn and discuss recommendations. After waiting two weeks, finally called in to see when my appt would be scheduled only to be told that they did not work on Saturdays. So I just said schedule ASAP. I was given the options of several dates in which one was a company holidays so that means I could be home when it was convenient for them.

Monday rolls around: NO CALL NO SHOW! I called in to determine what happened. They attempted to leave a message on the home phone that has been disconnected for 2 years instead of my cell phone because they were too lazy to update their records- I had a previous acct because they arreated my lawn in 2007. Finally got my first service done.

Service appt2 04/2013: Since I had seen NO improvement in the lawn, I decided not to continue this service. I called in to speak to the rep. We discussed my dissatisfaction and she offered a free service call per the contract. Like a fool, I went against my gut and decided to give them another chance. On 4/14 I noticed a $76 charge on my card. I called the billing number on my invoice to be connected to the RUDEST MOST UNPROFESSIONAL "customer service" rep in the Northern Hemisphere. This rep offered to take a message with a turn around time of 3 days.

Summary: they will service your lawn when it is convenient for them. They are slow to service and slow to call but very quick to debit your account. Stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trugreen/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75050/Trugreen-Poor-customer-service-and-horrible-billing-practices-Grand-Prairie-Texas-1043179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trugreen