Complaint Review: Trulia, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: nancyh — New Bern North Carolina United States of America
Trulia, Inc.

Trulia, Inc. www.trulia.com charged credit card unauthorized, sneaky, small print on receipt, informed me of charge, unapproved charges Internet

I agreed to being charged for 3 months of 'special' advertising.  The salesperson tried to sell me on 6 months and I specifically explained I wanted to try the service for a shorter time as I had been  unimpressed with the 'trulia agent pro' exposure so far.  The two services were over $300 per month.

The salesperson made it clear that if I didn't like the results I would simply not have to renew.

Apparently, I was sent a receipt (which I later found in my spam file) that STATED (not asked) that I would be charged for an automatic renewel if I did call to terminate.  Of course, I explained to Trulia that had I known anything about this that it would have gone into my calendars so that I would not miss the date.  I knew NOTHING of this. The service was not worth a penny, either.

I expressed to the Manager in billing (the 4th person I spoke with) that a "notification of being charged a renewel is not an agreement -- it is simply a one-sided wish and by charging me without my permission or even knowledge they had committed a crime. [continued below]....
.....  It's called THEFT (the print on the receipt, even had I seen the receipt, was SO FINE, that I would never have noticed it anyway).

I would love to join a class action if one gets started and am glad for a venue to warn Realtors around the country.  Can I report a crime?  I will now call my credit card company.

nancyh

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trulia-Inc/internet/Trulia-Inc-wwwtruliacom-charged-credit-card-unauthorized-sneaky-small-print-on-recei-968732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trulia, Inc.