Complaint Review: Trulia

• Submitted: Sat, March 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: Robert — Austin Texas United States of America
Trulia

Trulia Avoid this company like the plague. Services are not provided as promised. Internet

*Consumer Comment: You are right- let's do something

All realtors should avoid using Trulia. They claimed that I would be given 20% of their advertising in a particular zip code. I checked their website and I received more like 5%. Additionally, the only leads that I ever receive were far away low priced neighborhoods and in zip code areas that I don't even service.

They will also try to renew your subscription automatically and they make it almost impossible to figure out how to cancel your service. Trulia provides horrible service. They will be out of business before long.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trulia/internet/Trulia-Avoid-this-company-like-the-plague-Services-are-not-provided-as-promised-Interne-1026312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trulia

You are right- let's do something

AUTHOR: Bergen County Real Estate Gal - ()

Trulia is a rip off. I was sold on the mobile advertising. I asked a lot of questions because i had a zip code at a different site and did receive leads. I specifically asked the Trulia agent, at least three times, if I would be along with the listing agent or in a rotation. She told me I would have exclusivity and that the listing agent appeared in the description of the property area, but not in the contact section. Wrong. Once on board, I checked out my mobile app. I barely showed up on listings (one in every six or seven property selections). When I did show up, it was right along with the listing agent. When a buyer selects me, a notice automatically goes to the listing agent as well. I pretended to be a buyer and tested it. What is the point of getting a paid lead if the same lead goes right to the listing agent? I called to complain two days later (to give it a fair time to test it). I was put off for two weeks, told they had to listen to the sales tape, and then finally received an email- no refund. If you have a listing already on Trulia, rest assured you will be called no matter what. If you are looking to buy a zip code in the hopes of getting leads, DO NOT bother. They completely lied. I have had two leads, and they have both been me. Check the reviews of Active Rain. Big waste of my money.  My credit card company needs to hear from another person who went through a similar experience so they can fight this charge on my credit card.  If you experienced the same thing, please respond.