Ripoff Report Verified Safe
1. attended a presentation for the Wealth Building Weekend, in Ottawa, with the Trump Institute on May 31, 2008-June 1, 2008
2. I purchased their Gold Immersion package, for $8998 which I subsequently cancelled within the 10-day cooling period which I entitled to under the provisions of the Ontario Consumer Protection Act.
3. After a few calls on my part, I received via email a UPS tracking number to return the course materials to the "Trump Institute. I sent back the unopened package. (Delivery confirmed)
4. After several emails and phone calls, I received an email indicating that my credit would be processed bu July 7, 2008.
5.The organization credited my account for an incorrect amount - $1499
6. To date I have made several calls and sent emails to this organization requesting the outstanding amount be credited to my card. All I receive is promises to return calls and rectify the situation with no results.
7. I was given the name and number for the "Head of Customer Service" who has not honoured his promise to return my call and rectify the situation.
8. As of today I confirmed with my credit card company and there has not been any postings from this organization for a refund.
9. I checked with the Ontario Companies Branch and confirmed that the Trump Insitute is not registered as a trade name for BSG Canada Inc. This does not surprise. You can draw your won conclusions.
1o. I have contacted my lawyer because I intend to recover these funds.
11. All I can say is buyer beware. I should also point out that this organization had the gual to contact me asking me spend another $20k with them for their Exclusive Mentoring Program - citing that I have the profile of the type of person who would do well in the real estate investment business. Can you believe it? BUYER BEWARE.