Complaint Review: Trust Benefits - World Benefits

• Submitted: Tue, January 06, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2004

• Reported By:monterey park California
Trust Benefits - World Benefits
100 A Walnut D15 Suite 7 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

World Benefits AKA Trust Benefits rifoff Phone call to a minor child who never applied for credit, they would make her an offer Champlain New York *UPDATE ..Superior Benefits contacts Rip-off Report stating they will be giving REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers, working harder to avoid employee & customer misunderstandings

UPDATE: Click Here to see how Superior Benefits contacts Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers, working harder to avoid employee & customer misunderstandings.

This was a phone call to my minor child on her cell phone in the evening of Jan. 5, 2004. Telling her that her credit was declined. (she never applied for credit) and it worried her and I that they had this information about her (name and so forth).

Also person on the phone told her that he "will make her an offer." She got scared that he called her and knew her name, so she hung up and immediately told me. I tried calling back on the number left on her cell phone from the male caller which was 866-434-9176 and it was busy, and then calling from my home phone it said I can't reach number in my area.

Can something be done about this? Calling minors and making them an offer? That worries me on what information this person or company actually has on her. I would like any infomation you could provide regarding this. She does't even know her s.s. number so I know she never did apply for credit; she's only a child this has to stop. They may get a minor on the phone and this minor may give information out not realizing what is going on.

I am glad my daughter told me and I am now wanting to contact this company and further investigate.

Gina
monterey park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2004 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trust-Benefits-World-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/World-Benefits-AKA-Trust-Benefits-rifoff-Phone-call-to-a-minor-child-who-never-applied-for-76502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trust Benefits - World Benefits