latest

Complaint Review: Trustlink

• Submitted: Fri, April 08, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Scoobysteven — Yorba Linda California U.S.A.
Trustlink

Trustlink BBB, Better Business Bureau Fraudulent reviews, censorship to protect their members Internet

*UPDATE Employee: New TrustLink

*General Comment: Yes this is true

Background, Trustlink is owned or managed by the BBB. The BBB has in the past been criticized, and sued, for it's grading of "accredited" members, some that is done to the loss of reviewing consumers. See BBB Roundup. The BBB has now brought the art or practice of selling it's approval or promotion of accredited client services and products via Trustlink.

I have repeatedly attempted to past factually negative, yet verifiable, negative reviews for a BBB accredited member, via their Trustlink sibling company. Each time I do such, I actually enter a great amount of information, many paragraphs of information that directs the viewer to government websites(absent URLs of course), to enable the reader to confirm the authenticity of my claims, for themselves. Each and every time I post, Trustlink censors my posting by removal. If I cannot validate a claim by directing viewers to a government website, for confirmation, and enjoy posting acceptance, what will Trustlink accept? Trustlink allows the company to post numerous 5 star reviews, for themselves, yet deletes my damning, 1 star review, all to the peril of the consumer. Anyone who shops or approves potential vendor products or services based on Trustlink reviews, is a fool.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2011 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trustlink/internet/Trustlink-BBB-Better-Business-Bureau-Fraudulent-reviews-censorship-to-protect-their-memb-715395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trustlink

New TrustLink

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

Hello, this is Paul from the new TrustLink.  It is true that TrustLink was founded by the
Better Business Bureau but it has been recently spun out as a private company
to better serve the broad interests of consumers and businesses.   In terms of the rating system, businesses cannot pay to improve their ratings.  The ratings come from the consumer reviews.   We provide a place for consumers and businesses to communicate about their experiences for the benefit of the community.  I'm sorry if your reviews in the past were not posted but going forward, we want to provide an open forum for consumer reviews.

Regarding the post about Millineum Mortgage Modifications, I agree that consumers should be warned about potential problems.  I did look at the reviews for this business and saw that several consumers have posted some detailed bad reviews.

#2 General Comment

Yes this is true

AUTHOR: Emma Beans - (United States of America)

A little fact about Trust Link. It is operated by the BBB of Ca in LA. It is clearly public opinion only but it looks to a consumer that it is a legit site. Businesses can leave their own reviews and feedback. This is clearly not monitored. After I complained was the only time they monitored this person. Even after being informed they had a criminal and a scam artist on their page Monica from Trust Link gave me every excuse in the book as to why they could not remove them. I plan on exposing this company for the fraud they are committing.

I am having nothing but issues getting a non licensed business off a site called Trust Link. My husband and  I got scammed in a home modification scam. The business called Millenium modification services took advanced fees to do a modification. They do not have a license to do this in their state and it is a class

3 felony in their state. This company uses a business called Trust Link to advertise for themselves. This service is run by the BBB of Ca(LA). When you look at the link run by the BBB it shows 4 stars and all these glowing reports. I know these reports were made by the company. I contacted Monica at the BBB and she informed me that it was the state of Florida's job to remove this company for the non license. The state of Florida to CA that they wanted all their Florida businesses removed
from Trust Link. (pretty much solving this problem) CA will not remove this company. I again informed the BBB that this company does not hold a valid license to even be in business let alone take advanced fees. The first email I received was from Monica.

The profile for this company was audited and many reviews were removed at our discretion. Unfortunately, we cannot remove entire TrustLink profiles since they are attached to BBB records. Even though the BBB in Florida no longer participates in TrustLink we cannot remove profiles at this time. There is no rating shown on this company's TrustLink profile, therefore it would be questioned by an inquiring consumer. In the future, any new reviews that are posted may be flagged for our audit system.

Thank you for sending your notification.

Monica

TrustLink Administration

Some of the postings from the company were removed. All the stars were kept the same. They still have 4 stars. The information about the license was NEVER mentioned on the site. I emailed again stating that the company cannot even be a valid company WITHOUT a license and it is a crime for them to even advertise the and perform this service. I then get this email from apparently a supervisor.

Thank you for emailing us. This company is located within the service area of the BBB in Florida. We will forward your concerns to the appropriate BBB to review their licensing status and update their report on the company accordingly. In regards to their review, we have a team that reviews postings for authentication. As Monica explained we have done our best to authenticate the posted reviews. While we are sympathetic to your circumstances and the experience you personally had with the business, we cannot discredit the other reviews simply because they are positive.

Ok so basically you an sell crack on a street corner and as long as people say good things about you they will promote your
business? I am thinking this rating was paid for. This is clear the BBB is not there for the consumer.