Complaint Review: Try Hours Emergency Red Hot Freight Expeditors

• Submitted: Sun, December 15, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2008

• Reported By:toledo Ohio
Try Hours Emergency Red Hot Freight Expeditors
Briarfield Maumee Ohio maumee, Ohio U.S.A.

Try Hours Emergency Red Hot Freight Expeditors ripoff and deceitful practices leasing violations business that doesnt give a dam maumee Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TryHours / Try Hours - Ripoff and Deceitful Practices - LiArS and Thieves!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try Hours - Ripoff and Deceitful Practices - LiArS and Thieves!

*0: got ahead of myself

I am writing this to warn fellow Owner Operators about the low life that owns and runs try hours emergency freight expeditors.

When I leased on with the listed mickey mouse company things were fine at first, but seems that the longer I was there the more mickey mouse this company turned out to be..It was looking like the company was having cash flow problems and about to go "Belly Up" as the owner was too busy traveling and playing golf.

This guy doesn't respect anyone "But Himself" He won't meet with the owner operators let alone talk to one on the telephone to discuss the many problems. He plays with the settlements and pays you just in time to avoid another leasing violation..I have asked the settlement dept.for a list of "ALL" of my deductions including for the Comm Data card that he "Made" us go to instead of giving us a settlement check.

But that only lasted about 3-months and without telling us he started mailing us the checks that took anywhere from two days to three weeks--Wonder why it took three weeks. It appears that the settlement dept.is made up with nothing but liars who tell you that "The Checks in the mail""
Heard that one before????

glenn
toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2002 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Try-Hours-Emergency-Red-Hot-Freight-Expeditors/maumee-Ohio-43537/Try-Hours-Emergency-Red-Hot-Freight-Expeditors-ripoff-and-deceitful-practices-leasing-viol-38288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Try Hours Emergency Red Hot Freight Expeditors

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Glen,

You're right about TryHours being a ripoff and being deceitful and a bunch of low-lifes. The only people worth anything at that company is a dispatcher named Brent (he's cool), and Mark is alright too, though he's very hard to get a hold of. Unless it benefits himself, he won't answer the phone or call you back. Oh, he'll call you back right away though if you want to come work for them....but once you're in the company, if it comes to any other issues, nobody will help.

TryHours constantly claimed that I was late based on what the Qualcomm said. Many, MANY times the Qualcomm would not work so I was unable to send/receive messages, so I would have to call dispatch on my cell phone.

Many times dispatchers would call me and ask my location and say it looked like I was running several hours behind, according to what Qualcomm was telling them, when in fact, I was several miles/hours down the road.

I tried explaining several times to dispatch, to Leslie and to Nicole (the biggest cold-hearted insensitive bitches in the company), and even Mark Dieckhoner that the Qualcomm was giving false reports of my location. But no matter how I tried to explain it to them, or how many times I explained it, they would not listen to me.

The Qualcomm was running several hours behind, reporting me in one place, when I was somewhere completely different. The Qualcomm would also report me being late, or I would find my pay docked with a note beside it saying that I "failed to communicate with dispatch" which is a bunch of *BS*, because I ALWAYS communicated - if not by Qualcomm, then with my phone with Qualcomm wasn't working - most of the time I would do both to cover my butt.

The fact that dispatchers would even call me and say they couldn't tell where my location was says alot....that what I told Nicole and Leslie was the truth, and I wasn't making it up. But strangely enough, every message I wrote to dispatch on the Qualcomm, and all the dispatchers messages they wrote to me disappeared from their computers. So when they search for records, conveniently nothing is there, so they can back up their stealing, thieving and lies with more lies and say that I "didn't communicate" by deleting the evidence to cover their butts.

Another thing TryHours likes to do is dispatch you during rush hour. So if you are running late, they will steal your money, even though you notified them of rush hour traffic, road construction on the freeway, or some really legitimate reason for being late that you have no control over.

The whole time I was with TryHours, they didn't give me enough work to keep going - I used up ALL my entire savings to stay with them, and was going in the hole every day I stayed with the stupid company. I would be lucky if I got 2 loads per week at 250 miles per trip, *IF* I was lucky!!! I should have left Try Hours much sooner, but I kept hoping things would change, but they never did. Try Hours kept stringing me along, telling me lies to keep me there. Finally I had it with them, and decided for my own good to leave and go somewhere else - things are much better now with the new company - never have any problems not getting enough work.

Most of the time I would sit in parking lots for DAYS on end waiting for another load. When I called dispatch asking if there was a better location I could move to, they would always tell me where I was sitting was as good as any other city, or they would say there was no work, "don't move, and to "just wait" - that they were "working on it" (working on finding me a load).

I'm several months behind on my truck payments because of them. If my truck gets repo'd, I will never get another truck! And I'll have a repossession on my credit report for the next 7 years because of them. I tried for almost 4 years to find someone who would give me a truck, and now my life could be destroyed because Try Hours wouldn't give me the work I needed to take care of my responsibilities and obligations.

These are the type of people I will not be sorry when they die because the world will be a better place without them.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Glenn - (and other people who wrote complaints on ROR about TryHours),

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

So based on the false reports Qualcomm was generating to dispatch, TryHours stole a total of at least $500 from me, which would have almost paid my rent. I have nowhere to live now, and even though I told Leslie this, she didn't give a d%mn, and neither did Nicole. They bought alot of Christmas presents and stuffed their faces with alot of turkey on Christmas Day with the money they stole from me. They should be ASHAMED of themselves!!! - taking money from someone who has nowhere to live, and has fought tooth and nail to get what I have and to keep it, while they just help themselves to what is mine. The world would be a better place without a--holes like them in it!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 0

got ahead of myself

AUTHOR: - ()

forgot to write that I still haven't recieved the list of deductions including the comm data that I have paid this company.
I requested these items Nov.11,2002