Complaint Review: Trymedia.com - gamestop

• Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Alicia — West Chester Pennsylvania United States of America
Trymedia.com - gamestop
2012 16th Street San Francisco, California United States of America

Trymedia.com - gamestop Took money, provided no product San Francisco, California

Tried to purchase and download The Sims 3, was redirected from Gamestop.com to Trymedia's website.  Put in my bankcard infor to complete the purchase, it came back saying there was a problem running my card.  I figured I put the number in wrong, retyped it, made sure everything is 100% correct and tried again.  It still said that there was a problem, so I checked my bank account online to make sure I was right about the balance.  They had actually put the charges through, taking my account down to -$36.60!  I never got a reciept, or an activation code, or even a link to download the game I was trying to buy.  I called my bank, they said I have to call Trymedia and have them send over a fax on their letterhead with my card # and everything telling the bank to cancel the transaction.  The problem is, even though they say their hours are M-F, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific time, they don't actually answer the phone; you just get an answering machine.  So now, I have to wait until the charges completely post and then call the bank again and dispute the charges, which the girl I spoke to at the bank this morning told me that I'm likely not to win because I gave them my card info.  Don't deal with these people.  It seems like it's set up to steal your money and leave you high and dry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trymediacom-gamestop/San-Francisco-California-94103/Trymediacom-gamestop-Took-money-provided-no-product-San-Francisco-California-567995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trymedia.com - gamestop