Complaint Review: Tuckaway Labradors

• Reported By: yoga79 — IL Illinois
Tuckaway Labradors
Mariposa, California USA

Tuckaway Labradors Avoid this Lab Breeder Mariposa California

*Consumer Comment: Tuckaway Labs are Very socialized.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: These claims are not true

*Author of original report: Do Listen to the Original Report

*Consumer Comment: Tuckaway Labradors produces wonderful dogs!

Our family purchased a labrador who was over a year old from this breeder. Once the dog was taken home it was obvious that the dog had major fear aggression issues and was brought up with poor (if any) socialization. We contacted 2 professional trainers from the west and east coast and they both stated that it was the case of a bad breeder who did not properly socialize her dogs and removed them too early from the litter. We then contacted the breeder, who went on to berate my family and accuse us of abuse. It was a horrific accusation to say the least as we have done nothing but love her. She has had the best care, but poor breeding practices have led to an overly aggressive English lab who is terrified of the world. Please AVOID This breeder at ALL COSTS. It's not worth the stress as she will be NO HELP to you if you encounter any problems. This is the exact reason why adopting from a shelter is the way to go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tuckaway-Labradors/Mariposa-California/Tuckaway-Labradors-Avoid-this-Lab-Breeder-Mariposa-California-1056783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tuckaway Labradors

Tuckaway Labs are Very socialized.

AUTHOR: Linda - ()

We purchased two labrador retrievers from Tuckaway Labradors and have never regretted it. One was purchased as a puppy and the other was a four yr. old. Both are female.

From the minute we stepped out of our car on our first visit to the breeder we realized how socialized these dogs were. We saw and played with several dogs at once and all were friendly, well behaved and happy to see us.

Our dogs have never shown any agression and love everybody.

Tuckaway's breeder answered all of our questions even when we would call her months after our adoption. Our dogs are 10 and 11 yrs old now and are as cute and peppy as ever.

We have no doubts about purchasing future dogs from Tuckaway. They have the most beautiful and well behaved labs I have ever seen.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

These claims are not true

AUTHOR: tuckawaylabs - ()

I have not sold any Labradors over a year old to anyone out of state.  I do not know who this person is, as I was not contacted by this person or any trainers.

My puppies are well socialized with adults as well as children, and never go to their new homes before the age of 8 weeks.

I stress to my puppy owners to contact me if they have any problems.  If they do not wish to keep the dog, I will take it back at any age.

Whomever this person is that is making these claims, please contact me!!  I will gladly take this dog back, if it is indeed a Lab from my kennel.

There has been a mix up or missunderstanding somewhere here.....this is not how I operate.

Do Listen to the Original Report

AUTHOR: - ()

I stand by my original post and if anyone has questions, I would gladly show the paperwork and multiple training evaluations of our English lab purchased from Tuckaway. I also have extensive videos that clearly display the poorly socialized and fearful behavior mentioned in the prior post. Any reputable and caring breeder would offer to take a dog back if a family encountered any issues, but unfortunately this breeder did nothing of the sort.

You would think she would be concerned about the dog, but it was clear she cared more about the money-making business. We even had two trainers contact her about our dog's behavior and rather than listening and trying to help, she pointed the finger at my family. It was an awful experience and trust me when I tell you that she will be no help if any issues arise. Do yourself a favor and avoid Tuckaway Labradors for a dog.

Tuckaway Labradors produces wonderful dogs!

AUTHOR: LoveLabs - ()

I have 2 Labs that I purchased from Tuckaway Labradors.  They have been wonderful dogs, and I have not had any problems with them at all.  They are around my young children, and have never shown any types of aggression.  When I have had any questions, the breeder has always been very helpful and always willing to spend as much time as needed with me on the phone.  She is not the type of person that would berate anyone.  I know that she spends a lot of time and effort producing the best Labradors possible.  Please do not listen to this rip off report.  If you are looking for a wonderful Lab, please contact Tuckaway Labradors yourself, and you will see that they produce a high quality Labrador with a great temperament.