Complaint Review: Tucson Police Department

Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

Tucson Police Department Car burglary obviously nothing to care about, no warning, no response Tucson Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: For Steve-Phoenix re Tucson Cops and broken window.

In Sept. 2006 we were planning to hike at the Saguaro State Park in Tucson, AZ. Since the regular access road to the park was closed, the park administration sent us to a trailhead off Speedway.

When we arrived we saw that someone had smashed the right window of a white Ford Escort and we called the Police. The lady who answered the phone asked if we knew the name of the person who had committed the crime, started a discussion about the spelling of my last name, acted like she had never heard about this trailhead.

First we were planning to hike together but then we saw pieces of shattered autoglass all over the parking area, obviously of numerous previous burglaries. There was no sign at the parking area to warn people not to leave their car unattended at this spot. My wife and my son stayed at the car while my friends and me went for about 45 minutes into the park. When we came back my wife told me that the cops had not shown up but on our way back to Phoenix they called us on the cell phone to ask if the contents of that Ford was already everywhere on the ground around the car when we were there (we just saw the broken window, that means that someone had searched the interior of the car after we left the parking lot).

Remember: if you call the Police in Tucson, they will arrive when the deads are already buried....

Steve
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2006 01:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tucson-Police-Department/Tucson-Arizona/Tucson-Police-Department-Car-burglary-obviously-nothing-to-care-about-no-warning-no-resp-216167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tucson Police Department

#1 Consumer Suggestion

For Steve-Phoenix re Tucson Cops and broken window.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Steve-Phoenix,

I lived in both PHX and Tuscon and I have had my car vandalized in Tuscon. Both rear tires were cut and the entire car was keyed. Tuscon PD sent out a volunteer/retiree to take pictures and lift prints and make a report for my insurance company. Thats really all they can do.

In this case the glass was already broken and the perp was long gone. Would the cops getting there sooner have changed anything?

Tucson is filled with crime and people need to use common sense. Obviously these people left valuables in the car in plain sight. They brought it on themselves, as they should have put everything in the trunk. Again, just common sense here.

Some people set themselves up to be a victim.