screen

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: honest — calabasas California United States of America
Turbo Tax Online

Turbo Tax Online Intuit Fraud/Deceptive Advertising/Bait and Switch , Internet

Last Year I used the Free Turbo Tax online Edition and was Very Happy. I received my refund directly
deposited into my checking account, at no charge.

This year, I WANTED to do the same thing. I filled out most of my refund and saved it on the Turbo Tax site. I received multiple e mails from Turbo tax reminding me to finish. I opened and e mail, clicked on the link, and finished my return, At the very end of the return, I was given a bill for $96. The link apparently upgraded my service, without my permission, and did not mentioned in the e mail that by clicking on the link, I would be upgraded and charged. After spending alot of time completing my taxes, they want to charge me, when I signed up for the free Federal return. The upgrade did provide me with a completed State return, but I didn't want to be charged 29.99 for a state return, when my state refund was only $12! The software would not allow me to opt out of the Upgraded service, meaning that I would have to start all over again. Being unemployed, I needed the refund fast, so I agreed to the charges, initially. After a day, I was getting more and more angry about, at the very least, is a completely flawed software, at the worst deliberate fraud.I contacted Turbotax online, and after 20 minutes waiting while then investigated, they agree and verified that I had signed up ONLY for the free Federal return. They were able to remove 1 charge right away of $29.99. They gave me a code to input for the rest of the charges to be removed, but this code is only good before you file. I ended up paying $60.00 for my Free Federal Return.

As I said, there software is either completely faulty and comprimised, or Turbo Tax is possibly guilty of deliberate fraud. I would be more then happy to testify to this in court. This is a HUGE class action suit waiting to happen.

DO NOT USE TURBO TAX ONLINE.
Thank You.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Turbo-Tax-Online/internet/Turbo-Tax-Online-Intuit-FraudDeceptive-AdvertisingBait-and-Switch-Internet-1016387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Turbo Tax Online