Complaint Review: Turbo Tax

• Reported By: K. — Spokane Washington United States of America
Turbo Tax
turbotax.com Spokane, Washington United States of America

Turbo Tax misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, unethical Spokane Washington

*General Comment: Thanks Robert!

*Consumer Comment: never had a problem with turbo tax

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding?

*Author of original report: Hmmmm

*General Comment: Ignorance is no excuse

So IRS says deposited on 02/01/2012 as of today 02/08/2012 still not on the card.  Called IRS and Turbo Tax AND IRS no problems there and no money on the turbotax card.

Not using turbo tax again since they told me I have to call the card.  I know the information is correct as my paypal linked to the card no problem with the same information.

No thank you turbo tax I will go back to Tax Act next year as they actually work.Yes there are delays but I know people who filed
AFTER and BEFORE me that used other companies and have their taxes back.
These Delays are TURBO TAX'S responsibilities!!!  DO NOT USE TURBO TAX!!!!
After being on hold with the card for 23 minutes I was told there was no deposit yet.  IRS says there was when I called them and I verified with Turbo Tax AND IRS that the routing information was correct.  EVERYONE I know that has used turbo tax this year is going through the same issue yet Everyone I know that hasn't used Turbo Tax does NOT HAVE this issue.  DO NOT USE TURBO TAX  They have not issued me my 630 dollar refund and I have seen they have had issues with a lot of people.  I will not use turbo tax again!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Turbo-Tax/Spokane-Washington-/Turbo-Tax-misleading-fraudulent-deceptive-unethical-Spokane-Washington-836009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Turbo Tax

#1 General Comment

Thanks Robert!

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Thank you Robert for your setting straight the inaccuracy of statements made by the complaintant.

Its obvious this person is simply Over- generalizing and impatient due to ignorance of how the process works. I cannot stress enough that the "PROGRAM" is NOT responsible for what a person types in. It is a GUIDE. It is an AID for those who are in a sea of misinformation for what tax breaks or tax rules apply to the filing type. I do agree that NO program is loaded with a gun and forcing a person to "CHOOSE" the net card. Sorry if it sounds offensive or is taken as such, but I find it incredibly harmful to make an accusation that is false and misleading for a "program" that has been given praise by accountants and tax auditors.

never had a problem with turbo tax

AUTHOR: anonymous1 - (USA)

I use turbo tax every year. I never have a problem. I don't mess around with some stupid card either. Just direct deposited into my account. I understand the original poster is angry, that's evident on how rude he was to the other person that commented. It's not the other person's fault you don't have your money. I take great offense to you calling others names just because you feel like it. Turbo tax is great. i use them every year for the past 15 years and always get my money when they say I will.

Are you kidding?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Did you have a Tax Filing Party?

Hmmm I'm also the only one to use turbo tax.
That's also funny because you said that EVERYONE(your words in fact your words twice) that used TurboTax had the same issues.  So I guess the "Everyone" was in fact only one person?  Doesn't really add to your credibility.

-  You didn't want your card information on the net.  Yet you had no problem putting your SSN, Address, Employment Information, Income, Dependents(?) on the Internet?  The fact is that they give you choices for your method of deposit, they do not force you to use their card.  YOU choose their card for what appears to be very stupid reasons.

Now, I will also say that I do not know what the normal time for it to get posted to the card is.  So it may just be a matter of waiting.    There was also several notices that Direct Deposits of tax returns submitted before the end of January may be delayed due to the IRS testing out some additional anti-fraud software.  Yours may have been included in this where in reality the IRS did not direct deposit the refund when you expected it on 2/1.  Most of the delays seems to be approximately a week late.  I don't know if this is your case either, but perhaps something to look into.

Hmmmm

AUTHOR: K. - (United States of America)

Talking to the IRS they said it was deposited on the date THEY specified.  I filed at the same time as my neighbors and family and I am the only one has not received my refund.  Hmmm I'm also the only one to use turbo tax.  Since Turbo Tax recommended the card and I didn't want my card information on the net I went that way.  Maybe YOU should do some research before you talk down to someone.  Turbo Tax WILL NOT  be doing my taxes next year as they don't care that the company they contracted is doing nothing to fix this issue and it is up to the end user to fix the issue.  That is not a good business plan for customer retention.   Everyone that I do know who has used Turbo Tax direct depositing their own to the cards have had issues.  So I am NOT the only one.  Now go troll somewhere else.

#5 General Comment

Ignorance is no excuse

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

In reference to this report , Turbo tax allows for notification to IRS that you would like your refunds direct deposited to your checking account. Go open a checking account and stop playing this "card" game. The IRS has a website to check the status of your refund,Use it!
Ignorance for how to file and how to correctly get a refund can be your downfall, but stop blasting a reputable program that assists you thru the filing process. YOU are ultimately responsible and GIVEN Choices for how you want your refund issued! The IRS even has a time table for when you file verses when you can expect the refund (barring any audits or mis-information).
I am NEITHER an investor or employee of Turbo Tax but I can say as a consumer of this product I READ every fine print before I commit. Maybe in the future you'll be more mindful and prepared BEFORE making an invalid accusation.