Complaint Review: Turbo Tax

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Toya — Bellwood Illinois United States of America
Turbo Tax

Turbo Tax Intuit Sneaky and Unwilling To Help Internet

First time using Turbo Tax, through an affiliate partner of theirs. I intended only to use this product to file for Federal Tax, not State Tax. I had already completed processing for Federal in January. Even though I was not planning on filing for State, I noticed that at that time, State Tax portion was not available to use at that time.

This morning I planned submitting the Federal by e-filing it. So I proceeded to purchase just the Federal, not the State. There wasn't an option that I could see to select which options. All they had was a listing of prices of what would be charged to e-file. Federal was $29.99, State was $36.99, and then there was some else called Audit check. I figured I would get the option somewhere in the midst of processing for payment.

When I submitted for payment, it processed for both Federal and State. I immediately called the customer service number to correct the problem and to refund the charge for State filing. I was told that it was not refundable and that by submitting payment, which I clearly state I did not want or process for, that I was satisfied. How am I satisfied with something I did not even want to purchase?

So I'm very unsatisfied with this outcome. They were unwilling to help. I have seen other reviews that people had issues with this product/service. If I knew then what I know now, I would have never signed up. Lesson learn. I will not be using this product again, I will not recommend it to anyone. I have posted my dissatisfaction with them on Facebook, and they are aware that I am posting this experience here on Rip Off Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Turbo-Tax/internet/Turbo-Tax-Intuit-Sneaky-and-Unwilling-To-Help-Internet-1010666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Turbo Tax