Complaint Review: Turbo Tax

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 24, 2012

• Reported By: Adria — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
Turbo Tax

I filed with turbo tax on 02/06/12 and chose to get my refund on a turbo tax card. I was told i would receive my card on the 16th. It still has not came and it's the 24th. The irs deposited my refund on the 21st. I called turbo tax & was told the card had a 'security breach' and that I'd have to fax a signed ss card, photo i.d., proof of address, & a cover sheet to them and then it would be another 5-7 business days before that would get processed and then they'd send a new card. Nobody that i talked  to could tell me why i had a security breach on my account and after reading several reviews of people having the same problem, I think that what they are doing is illegal. They charge you to send a new card, and several people STILL haven't received their card, and even some people have had to file fraud reports. There were also several reviews about people who got their card, but the card was put on hold after the first use for again, 'security reasons' and they had to send in more info. This is ridiculous and they can't do this to people and get away with it. Something needs to be done!!! Some people rely on their income taxes, including me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Turbo-Tax/internet/Turbo-Tax-TURBO-TAX-IS-ROBBING-CUSTOMERS-Internet-844151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Turbo Tax