Complaint Review: TurboTax

• Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: TruthHurts — el paso Texas
TurboTax

TurboTax Turbo Tax, Intuit TurboTax BEWARE! BAIT AND SWITCH! Internet

Turbo Tax, for the past few years, had been as they promised "Free" for filing simple tax returns.  However, this year, they have a very nice little "Bait & Switch" going on.  You fill out al the information as usual, but at the end, there's a minimum $34.99 + tax fee.  Imagine how many busy people say "Eh, it's just $34.99.. I'm too busy to hassle with it." and pay.  I decided I would not pay; it's the principle of it.  So, I decided to contact Turbo Tax's "Free Chat", their wait is horrific.. as if they were a government agency (really over 1.5 hours on the internet?), and their answer?  "You need to file it out yourself for it to be free."  Hmmm... I did.  But, just to be sure, I deleted the return I had ready and started from scratch... tons of annyoing little commercials promoting themselves as oh-so-great popping up too often.  Finally, the moment of truth after filing my simple 1040-EZ.  Now it hould be free, right? AH!  It wasn't... here's the $34.99 fee AGAIN.  It's an obvious BAIT & SWITCH scam, which I won't partake.  I'll do my taxes manually and wait for my return.  I refuse to be bullied into a huge corporation's scam.  TurboTax, wait for it on 60 Minutes and 20/20.  Guaranteed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TurboTax/internet/TurboTax-Turbo-Tax-Intuit-TurboTax-BEWARE-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-Internet-1039356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TurboTax