Complaint Review: TurboTax

• Submitted: Sat, April 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Jon — Knoxville Iowa United States of America
TurboTax

TurboTax deceptive practises and double charge for upgrades, Internet

I have been a TurboTax user for 3 or 4 years for my federal return and this year decided to upgrade to the Deluxe version so I could e-file my federal and state return   The upgrade was listed at $39.95 and would not be charged until completion and filing time.

After completing my federal taxes I paid the charge on my credit card and completed e-filing my federal report.  Then I completed and attempted to file my state taxes and it requested that I pay the $39.95 charge again.  I assumed this to be an error so I wanted to contact technical services to clear up the problem.  Finding a contact number was extremely difficult (I believe now that this is intended) but after alot of digging I was able to file an "incident" report and THEN the site issued an incident ID and a phone number to contact them.

Be aware that this number is an outsourced number and communication was extemely difficult. I was then advised by the "customer service" rep that there is a charge for both filings.  This fact is either not disclosed on their web-site or, more likely, conveniently hidden in fine print.  So add me to the growing list of ex-consumers of turbotax who they were able to scam one time.  Apparently they are content existing on the old adage that they would rather skin a sheep once then shear it many times.  I am done with these thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TurboTax/internet/TurboTax-deceptive-practises-and-double-charge-for-upgrades-Internet-718430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TurboTax