Complaint Review: TurboTax(AKA'S Intuit)

• Submitted: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: Marie — Chicago Illinois United States of America
TurboTax(AKA'S Intuit)

TurboTax, Intuit TurboTax Direct Deposited my 7,000.00 tax refund in a bogus account. Internet

On 4/29/2011, IRS. reported to me; by "Where's My Refund", that they had direct deposited my tax refund to TurboTax.com.
A TurboTax representative related to me that my $7,000.00 had been deposited to a prepaid card which was sent to someone in Georgia who is using my SS# and name. I had to prove that they sent my money to the wrong perdson! Now loss prevention; from the prepaid card that my unauthorized tax refund was sent to, states that I have to file an Identity Theft claim; which I did.  I was told by a Green Dot. Corp representative that in 10 days this case would be brought to fruition and I would be reimbursed.  That was a lie! It has been almost 2 months and nothing has been resolved.  IRS and my TurboTax contract have the routing number for the checking account on my contract with them and they STILL say they don't know how this happened.  I am trying not to blow my stack but I don't know what else to do.
Any suggestions PLEASE other than "Don't use TurboTax!?"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TurboTaxAKAS-Intuit/internet/TurboTax-Intuit-TurboTax-Direct-Deposited-my-700000-tax-refund-in-a-bogus-account-In-744560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TurboTax(AKA'S Intuit)

spectacular